Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[PS2] Ripping textures from LZS files? (Ka 2: Let's Go Hawaii)
Hey there, I was looking to get some help ripping textures from the Japan exclusive game Ka 2: Let's Go Hawaii. The game's files seem to be comprised of almost completely of .LZS files, which I've yet to find a way to decode. The game's predecessor, Ka (aka Mister Mosquito or Mr. Moskeeto) uses TIM2 textures, and since Ka 2 uses the same file formats for things like music and sound effects, I tried using TextER to extract textures from them much like I did with the first game. However, it repeatedly detected nothing. After sifting through the hex of various files I wasn't able to find much of any clues, though someone more knowledgeable may notice some. I attempted to use mesh2rdm and lhasa (using the Windows 10 Ubuntu terminal) to decode the files since I was at a loss, but neither worked for me.

I've included a few of the game's files as samples in this 7Z file if anyone wants to take a crack at ripping themselves. I recommend you use an entire rip of the game if you decide to do this, but in case you don't want to then use the attached sample files. Something interesting I noticed is that the game contains a folder called "VIEWER" which contains two different batch files. I wasn't really able to make any clues out of these either but they might be helpful to figuring this out, so I've included it as well. I'm going to attempt to make a translation hack of this game in the future so I'm really hoping to figure out how to swap textures. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all for your time.
Thanked by: