Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
a better way to rip sprites from old consles?
hello i've been wanting to rip sprites from the snes for a while but i've been turned off by the fact you have to take screenshots for each frame is there a better way to rip sprites from snes or any old console cause a earthbound modding tool lets you just rip the sprites out
[Image: tRtU0pr]
Thanked by:
You can use YY-CHR or Tile Molester, although there's really no confirmation that the sprites will be arranged neatly, since it's a raw format. Technically speaking, the better job they did at optimizing, the more awful the ripping will be. You also have to get to the section of the game where that asset is and use an emulator to save the palette-set to be able to actually see the graphics with the correct colors for easier modification.

Actually, now that I think about it, Mesen (an emulator for the NES) has a ton of good debugging tools, and I was able to rip out some sprites with it. I heard there's a Mesen-S version which is made for the SNES, and it might have some of those. I think it'd be worth it to check it out.
Thanked by: