Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
I found a fake wiki of the VG Resource on another site
I was looking up info on an issue on the wiki of VG Resource, and found a wiki made claiming to be the VG Resource Wiki on Fandom (aka Wikia).
I don't know if any of you knew of this wiki exsistance, but stumbled upon it by accident. I don't know if I would be allowed to tell the people of this site who created the wiki, or even send a PM with the username of the creator of that wiki on Wikia.

Here it is if any site staff are concerned with it's exsistance: https://the-vg-resource.fandom.com/wiki/...ource_Wiki
Thanked by:
Yeah, we've known about that for a while but thinks for the heads up regardless. It was created by a salty former member or two after they were banned here and we, as well as most of the rest of the internet I imagine, tend to just ignore it.
Thanked by: teh_supar_hackr
(08-25-2020, 12:15 AM)Petie Wrote: Yeah, we've known about that for a while but thinks for the heads up regardless. It was created by a salty former member or two after they were banned here and we, as well as most of the rest of the internet I imagine, tend to just ignore it.

Yeah, it's what I tend to do. Is something going to be done about that wiki, or will it just stay up or something?
Thanked by:
I suppose I could contact Wikia and ask them to remove it but I don't see the need. It keeps the salt contained and they offer nothing of value so it's not detracting from our traffic nor is it really going to do anything to harm our image since it's obvious they're unaffiliated so I've been content to just let it stay as is and ignore it.
(08-25-2020, 01:26 AM)Petie Wrote: I suppose I could contact Wikia and ask them to remove it but I don't see the need. It keeps the salt contained and they offer nothing of value so it's not detracting from our traffic nor is it really going to do anything to harm our image since it's obvious they're unaffiliated so I've been content to just let it stay as is and ignore it.

Ah ok then.
Thanked by:
The weird part to me is the front page is all bitchy, then it tries to act official.

I updated it anyways, adding links to the official wiki, and making sure every time they say The VG Resource it links back here, advertising right?

EDIT: I had another look and its quite funny but they have stolen the "What makes a good submission" page word for word, including this part:

Quote:Stolen Content

We don't like thieves in real life, and we do not like them here. Please make sure that you actually ripped or made the content you're submitting, and didn't just simply find it on some other website and felt like you could just submit it and claim credit. We have a community in the hundreds of thousands, many of whom actively seek out stolen content. You will be caught, and you will be banned.
Thanked by:
Yeah, a lot of the initial pages were directly copied and pasted. Stealing the stolen content section is pretty funny and something I missed though.
Thanked by:
Do you have a link to the wiki in question? I can contact Fandom Staff directly.
[Image: lhjFt57.gif][Image: sX7JK6W.gif][Image: 4BB3IOO.gif][Image: qHY3ZCP.gif][Image: oCiv6RT.gif][Image: RNSMdiR.gif][Image: gx5wm3G.gif][Image: ld7rSgS.gif]
Thanked by:
(08-25-2020, 03:11 PM)Magma Dragoon Wrote: Do you have a link to the wiki in question? I can contact Fandom Staff directly.

I-It's in the first post Sad
Thanked by:
At first I thought this was going to have several injokes having this been made by a couple of the PTOld members that got butt hurt when the staff finally got fed up with their bullshit a few years after Pixeltendo shut down but I find that it's really just a boring site with nothing funny in it.

I'm sad, there was a really huge missed opportunity to bring up The Dancer's Resource and The Canine's Resource in all this.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
I'm pretty sure that was made by much more recently banned members - nothing PT related at all.
Thanked by:
Does seem a little late in the century for PT shenanigans.
Thanked by:
(08-24-2020, 10:02 PM)Petie Wrote: Not being able to create an account makes sense as the function is disabled on the wiki side. Not being able to log in does not make sense though. I don't see an account for you on the wiki side at all but I just confirmed that accounts from new usernames work so that's not it. I also checked your account settings and don't see anything that should prevent you from logging in. When did you last change your password for your forum account?

(08-26-2020, 03:37 PM)JewyB Wrote: Does seem a little late in the century for PT shenanigans.

I've only found out about PT a few years ago, and I joined the VG Resource in 2014.
Thanked by:
(08-26-2020, 03:37 PM)JewyB Wrote: Does seem a little late in the century for PT shenanigans.

Never say never, chances are they're going on elsewhere in the world.

(08-26-2020, 02:43 PM)Petie Wrote: I'm pretty sure that was made by much more recently banned members - nothing PT related at all.

You're probably right. Though I find it hard to believe that recently banned members would bother with something like that.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
(08-26-2020, 07:22 PM)DioShiba Wrote: You're probably right. Though I find it hard to believe that recently banned members would bother with something like that.

You underestimate how petty some people can be.
[Image: lhjFt57.gif][Image: sX7JK6W.gif][Image: 4BB3IOO.gif][Image: qHY3ZCP.gif][Image: oCiv6RT.gif][Image: RNSMdiR.gif][Image: gx5wm3G.gif][Image: ld7rSgS.gif]