Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[Tutorial] How to rip sprites from the Sega Saturn
NOTE: This isn't the best way to rip from the Sega Saturn, but it's one way I know of. And this emulator's a little iffy, but not bad :P

What you'll need:

Yabause (underated Sega Saturn emulator)
Yabause's VPD1 or VDP2 viewer
Any Sega Saturn ROM

• First, download and/ or install Yabause. You can get Yabause here.
  • Second, download a Sega Saturn ROM from anyplace you can get one.
  • Third, open the ROM up in Yabause.
  • Fourth, play the game until you get to a part where you want to rip sprites at.
  • Fifth, open up the VDP1 viewer, and search for the sprites, until you found the one you're looking for in the preview.
  • Sixth, export it. (the default is the .BMP format, I recommend saving it as a .PNG format)
As a bonus tip, not everything can be found in the VDP1 background. Some things (like the background in the Saturn version of Sonic 3D Blast, or the opening movie for Mega Man 8) can be found in the VDP2 viewer.

I hope this is helpful!

If not, give me some suggestions that might improve this.
Or if you have any questions, comment here or PM me.
Thanked by:
Update 1: If you download the portable version (the version you don't have to install), there's a problem with the VDP2 viewer: You can't export anything from it. It crashes the program. When I installed it, it worked fine. So it's better to install Yabause than to use the portable version.
If you can't handle the heat.
You can't handle the Neutron Style.
Thanked by:
Nice! I don't think there's much else to add though. Thinking
[Image: Signature-Koopa-Troopa76-1.png]
Thanked by: DogToon64
Thank you! I might make a video on YouTube then share it here.

Other than that, I don't think there's much else to add to this. But if you find another tip, PM me or tell me here.
If you can't handle the heat.
You can't handle the Neutron Style.
Thanked by: