Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Ripping Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams models
Hello there.
I was wondering if it is possible to rip models perfectly with textured models and skeletons data attached to character models from Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams. I know this game has been already asked for models ripping, but this as been a long time ago and now we got progress.
Someone made a OBJ convertor for the win32 files (which those files are contened in the levels files) but it's not perfect. Models are untextured (which can be fixed for models that use only one texture) and some of them have uncorrect UV maps. Someone else managed to get the skeletons data separately but didn't explained how he did it. I asked how, but no responses.
I uploaded some models on Models Resource, which these models had one texture and correct UV maps and they are pending right now.
If getting the models perfectly can't be done, i was wondering if it's easier to get the models from the other ports. The game is ported to the Wii U as well on the Nintendo Switch and i'd reccomend that port because it's have all the previous DLCs in the base game and also have exclusive contents.

Check this thread here for learning a bit more as well as getting the convertor and QuickBMS script: https://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=17929

And here's the game's files which you must use helldorado.bms to unpack them:
Game.pak (which contain the textures, audio files and animation) : https://www.mediafire.com/file/yj0prdws1...e.zip/file
Levels files (which contain levels data and models) : https://www.mediafire.com/file/d0cmio0ck...s.zip/file

WARNING : The files are very big.
Sorry for grammar, i'm french and dysphasia.
Thanked by:
I have been wanting models from this game myself, specifically the final boss(es) of the 'Rise of the Owlverlord' DLC, but I never got anywhere myself. I was able to unpack the files with the mentioned Quickbms Script, but never was able to get further than that except the textures. There is apparently some program that can view the skeleton structure files, but I've found nothing concerning the actual models themselves...
Thanked by:
(08-10-2020, 12:03 PM)Carpaccio Wrote: I have been wanting models from this game myself, specifically the final boss(es) of the 'Rise of the Owlverlord' DLC, but I never got anywhere myself. I was able to unpack the files with the mentioned Quickbms Script, but never was able to get further than that except the textures. There is apparently some program that can view the skeleton structure files, but I've found nothing concerning the actual models themselves...

Like i mentioned, there is a convertor that let you get the models from the win32 files. They are specific files which are called rendermesh_0.bin.win32 and rendermesh_1.bin.win32. You just need to unpake a level file and drag the mentioned win32 files into the convertor.
Thanked by:
Sorry to double postes but i have some news.
I'm giving up for the PC version and starting with the Switch version instead. Luckly, one of my friends have the game as well has another Switch. He also aggred i could use his second Switch to dump the game, despite he know nothing about hacking and ripping.
However, this will be the first time i dump a Switch game and i'd love to have some tips. I know i'll need an SD card and i wonder if there is an easier and faster way to dump a game. I'm also wondering if it is safe to put the console in plane mode to avoid getting banned.

EDIT : I encourage anyone to do it too. The models have been needed since the game release (a bit later though) and the Switch version is probably the only chance. The game is around 30$ or half of the price and you can find it on stores too (if you're lucky because it's rare).
Thanked by:
Ok, sorry for bumping again, but i have a question concerning the Switch i'm about to hack.
The Switch's serial number is XKJ100075***** and i don't know if it is possible to hack the console. I heard the Switches with that serial number is not yet possible to hack, but i just want to know more.
Thanked by:
(08-25-2020, 06:07 PM)GianaSistersFan64 Wrote: Ok, sorry for bumping again, but i have a question concerning the Switch i'm about to hack.
The Switch's serial number is XKJ100075***** and i don't know if it is possible to hack the console. I heard the Switches with that serial number is not yet possible to hack, but i just want to know more.

You can check if you switch is patched using sites like this one (https://damota.me/ssnc/checker/). It says your switch is patched so you can't use the fusee exploit. You'll have to wait for a new exploit to show up, or you can try hard modding it. Depending of if you have the physical or digital version you could always try another switch. But if you're really desperate you could always try the internet.

Also applying multiple "textures" to a model shouldn't be a problem. If you're using blender just add a second material and apply the image texture to it, it should work.
Thanked by: GianaSistersFan64
(08-26-2020, 04:18 PM)JonathanJoestar Wrote:
(08-25-2020, 06:07 PM)GianaSistersFan64 Wrote: Ok, sorry for bumping again, but i have a question concerning the Switch i'm about to hack.

You can check if you switch is patched using sites like this one (https://damota.me/ssnc/checker/). It says your switch is patched so you can't use the fusee exploit. You'll have to wait for a new exploit to show up, or you can try hard modding it. Depending of if you have the physical or digital version you could always try another switch. But if you're really desperate you could always try the internet.

Also applying multiple "textures" to a model shouldn't be a problem. If you're using blender just add a second material and apply the image texture to it, it should work.
The Switch has the "warning" status, which mean it is unknown if it can work. So... i don't know either if it would be worth it. My friend bought the Switch from December 2019, and he says his Switch is 0,1% not patched in that case.

As for the models, i just had to separate the needed meshes to apply the textures.
Thanked by:
How did you get the proper files from the main game? I was only able to extract the proper files to get models from the 'Rise of The Owlverlord' version. I wanted to get the model of Gurglewocky (the red dragon thing).
Thanked by:
(08-27-2020, 06:05 PM)Carpaccio Wrote: How did you get the proper files from the main game? I was only able to extract the proper files to get models from the 'Rise of The Owlverlord' version. I wanted to get the model of Gurglewocky (the red dragon thing).

Gurglewocky is located in 1-1 and 3-10 (for the version i have). Gurglewocky's model file size is big and more than 1 Mb so you'll find him easily. Cute Giana, Punk Giana, Maria and Octor Freud's model file size are also big.
Thanked by:
That helps. But I was also wondering what version of the game you got the files from. I can't seem to get the proper ones from the PC version.
Thanked by:
(08-29-2020, 04:01 PM)Carpaccio Wrote: That helps. But I was also wondering what version of the game you got the files from. I can't seem to get the proper ones from the PC version.

The version i have is the standard version from the PC. It's not the demo or any special editions (Rise Of the Owlverlord, Director's Cut, Limited Edition or Halloween and Christmas Levels).
Thanked by:
I have the Steam version, I can't seem to get any of the 'rendermesh' files from any of the paks. Any chance you could just send me Gurglewocky via PM?
Thanked by:
(08-29-2020, 08:40 PM)Carpaccio Wrote: I have the Steam version, I can't seem to get any of the 'rendermesh' files from any of the paks. Any chance you could just send me Gurglewocky via PM?

Could you send me the level.pak where the Owlvelord is located? Maybe I could find the issue. Also i send the PM.
Thanked by:
Finally, i'm not in the mood to extract the game. And judging by the Switch's serial number, it's discourage me. My friend doesn't seem to really want his Switch to be hacked at last. I could get a Switch with a correct serial number myself, but with which money? It's very rare to find a Switch with a low price.

Like i said in my other post, i encourage anyone to extract the game. The Wii U and Switch version seems to be the only ports to be easy to extract its models. One more thing to mention, if anyone manage to get the game's files extracted, i'd be happy to have them too and get a look at, i'm especialy eager to get the Switch version's exlusive soundtracks.
Thanked by:
Yeah, but sadly I don't know how to get Switch files onto my computer. It's a darn cartridge! I don't have the game though. Good luck to this, all of my threads on the VG Resource get ignored.
Hey. [Image: morning1.gif]
Thanked by: