Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Pikmin 2-e Sprites +Tutorial
Question 
After an unnecessary amount of hassle, I have managed to emulate the Japanese Pikmin E-Reader card games. (Will post a tutorial if anyone asks.) I plan to rip all the sprites from the games, but before I can do that, I need to know, would I classify those sprites under Pikmin 2 for Gamecube? Or would I post them on their own game under the Gameboy Advance? Help is much appreciated!
Thanked by:
Since it's just a mini game, I would put it in the Gamecube section.

And a tutorial would be cool, there can't be enough knowledge on emulation.
Ripping Tutorial for PC Engine / TurboGrafx 16 / TurboGrafx CD
https://www.vg-resource.com/thread-41637.html
Thanked by: BrittanyOfKoppai
(06-20-2020, 06:22 PM)Barack Obama Wrote: Since it's just a mini game, I would put it in the Gamecube section.

And a tutorial would be cool, there can't be enough knowledge on emulation.
Thanks! I’ll get a sheet up as soon as I’m finished formatting it!

Also, would this be a good place to post a tutorial? Or a different thread? Sorry for so many questions, I’m a bit new here.
Thanked by:
This thread should be fine Smile
Ripping Tutorial for PC Engine / TurboGrafx 16 / TurboGrafx CD
https://www.vg-resource.com/thread-41637.html
Thanked by:
To start, first you will need:
-A recent build of Dolphin (5.0 works)
-The latest version of VBA-M
-A Japanese Pikmin 2 rom (get it yourself, mate!)
-A Japanese e-Reader+ rom (again, get it yourself)
-Rips of the e-Reader Pikmin cards’ dot codes in a compatible format (I won’t tell you again, GET IT YOURSELF)

To start, open VBA-M. From there:
-Select emulation settings, and make sure pause when inactive isn’t ticked
-Go to Options/Link and tick link at boot
-From Options/Link/Type and make sure Nothing is ticked

Now close VBA-M, and open Dolphin. From there:
-Go to controller options, and set controller slot 2’s controller type to GBA
-Load your Japanese Pikmin 2 rom
-Once booted, navigate to the bottom-most option of the title screen, and select it. This should take you to the bonus menu
-From the bonus menu, select the bottom-most option, which will bring up a screen with e-Reader information

Open VBA-M and:
-Go to Options/Link/Type and set it to GameCube
-Boot your Japanese e-Reader+ rom
-Get past the title, and select the second option, and then the first, which will make VBA-M wait for the GameCube

Back on Dolphin:
-Progress to the next menu, you will be met with three option for the three different mini games
-Chose whichever game you prefer, and press A

If done correctly, VBA-M should display some splash text, before loading the UI there. Before doing anything else, I recommend making a save (not a save state) for each mini game, which VBA-M should do automatically. To do so:
-Rename the save VBA-M made
-Reset the e-Reader+ rom, follow previous steps, only selecting a different mini game

When done, you will have one save for each mini game. When loaded, however, they will only take you to the e-Reader menu. Not to worry, if you select the third option, it will reload your most recently used GameCube link, in this case, whichever mini game you saved with. Now you can close Dolphin, and select whichever mini game’s save you like. To actually play any of them, however, you will need to scan a card.

To scan a card code:
-Make sure you have the one of the mini games loaded
-Go to File/e-Reader and select load dot code
-Select your dot code rip

Once loaded, press A in VBA-M, and it should scan the card and load a level. If it does not, make sure you’re using a card that is compatible with your mini game. Some of the cards only have certain colors on them, meaning they only load mini games that correspond to the same color.

Hope I explained that well enough, enjoy playing these incredibly rare mini games on your PC!
Thanked by: Barack Obama