Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Need inspired, ambitious artist able to emulate Nintendo artstyle
I'll keep it short, I'm trying to put up a small ragtag team of devoted 2D platformers aficionados to create a true original homage to the DKC franchise of the Super Nintendo heydays. You know, clever level design, banging soundtrack, cool secrets, goofy yet sophisticated artstyle; the AAA stuff.
As the artist, you should be familiar with the artstyle and sprite designs of titles such as Wario Land 4, DKC2, DKC3, Rondo of Blood and the like.

I've got an early design document that I'm slaving on, and a budget of around 30,000$ for an initial 3-5 levels demo (leading towards a Kickstarter-like financing structure as is the contemporary standard).

Notwithstanding everything else, the most critical aspect of in the selection of collaborators is good chemistry (laidback, humorous personality), and a genuine passion for the art direction in the aforementioned titles. It's got to be a fun development process! Everyone must feel driven to some degree by the perspective of suggesting their own ideas for designs, levels, potential composers!

Hit me in DM for details, telling me why you're interested, etc
stay nerdy my dudes
Thanked by: