Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Help Needed - Ripping from Gummy Drop (Android .apk)
Hi all,

Am very much a novice in extracting resources from game packs, so any help you can spare is appreciated! I have been trying to rip assets from this match-3 game called Gummy Drop, which includes stuff like city (level) maps, 3D models of monuments, animated transition scenes and music. As far as I can tell, it is coded with Mono (Xamarin).

Converting the .apk file into a zip seems to yield limited resources, with the main assets there being generic images (e.g. buttons, crosses). I then tried to enter the root folder of the emulator to search for any data files, but could only find what seem to be some config files. There are also these .ANDROID files which I cannot open, but I doubt they contain the assets because that would be way too small (the game contains over 100 cities at this point, with 12+ monuments each).

[Image: QAxeeCr.png]

NinjaRipper doesn't seem to work with the latest edition of BlueStacks and the game cannot open on NOX at all (keeps crashing), so at this point I'm all out of ideas. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I should proceed?

Thanks again!
Thanked by:
Update: I think I figured out a few more things about how the game works, but am still stumped on how to extract resources from them.

I ended up accessing an assortment of stages from the game, and I think what happens is that the game downloads new stages for each city during the first time you visit it. What I'm left though are these files in the cache:

[Image: ej2RZQ9.png]

I'm pretty sure these contain the game assets for each city, but I can't seem to open it with programs (have tried looking at it in a hex editor and notepad program, both mostly gibberish, and it can't open in programs like Asset Studio or Android Studio), so I'm back to square one. Any thoughts on an appropriate strategy to crack these files?
Thanked by: