Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Project Hero Bout. ( yay my first post)
Some of you may remember me, IDK.
After the old PT disappeared Ive been too lazy to create another account.
But Im doing a little sprite project for those who are interested.

[Image: banneraw2.png]

The new and the old collide
Story Summary
- Basically everyone is in their own world going about their business. Until one day the sky turns black, and dark clouds and lightning appear. It turns out that this is a sign that your world will be destroyed. So out of instinct most of the heroes in their own world begin to investigate this phenomenon, and run into a shadowy figure. Each hero sees the same person and is suspicious of it. But when they confront this new character he opens a portal or dimensional rift into another world. Most of the heroes follow in after them and all end up in one place. (lol except for one hero, who basically ends up getting there his own way.) When most of the heroes arrive they hear a voice explaining to them what is happening. And in order to save their world they must win this tournament. As an interesting twist the voice opens up portals to each of their worlds, and tells them you may bring whoever you like and use whatever you like from your respective worlds. However any outsiders not permitted to use this dimensional rift would be turned into a cartrdge(basically your support characters).
Looks like all the heroes have no choice but to fight one another.
However there is one character that actually bypasses this rule. Im thinking that he/she might actually have 2 characters from the same series.

Theres more to it but Id rather not spoil it lol.
Theres only 2 original characters, in this game.

This is a little spriting project Im doing. Its based around Video Game Hereoes .
Ill add more to this post eventually after I have all the single sprites done.
There will be about 8-12 characterss max, Im thinking a good number would be 10.

The first character is usually a classic character that has been with that company for a while. And because they will be considered "classic heroes" that'll usually be the version they'll be sprited in.

Gameplay Mechanics and terms and Random Info
Cartridges- support characters, that have some sort of bond to the hero they are assisting
No Ringouts
Platform Fighter w/ RPG elements
Customizable character stats(Attack, Special,Defence,Relationships)
Items
Equipment
Free Roam in misc worlds.
Character Controls(Run, Dash, Dodge, Jump, Attack, Defend, 2 minor specials, 1 final special)
Types of Character Bonds
Heroes- the playable characters of the game. Each character has 2 specials, like super smash, but they can be upgraded through leveling up.(More details coming...)

Different types of supports-

Sidekicks-these characters perform combo attacks with their partner, if they are compatible with one another.

For Example, Sonic and Tails would perform a joint attack that links their 2 attacks together.

Rivals-
These characters are similar to the nemisis cartridge and Sidekick
card, however they dont hurt you, they do however still take away from
your special points if they refuse to help. Rivals, in essence are
capable of standing toe to toe with the hero. If your Rival does agree
to help you, you dont do a combo attack, instead the rival character
does as he or she pleases. Which means you have full control over your
own character while the support is active. And thats how rivals are
separate from sidekicks.

Nemesis-The most powerful support is the Nemesis cartridge, which usually

contains the best effects for you player, but could deal harm to you as

well.
After all making a deal with your enemy is like shaking hands with the
devil. They have the most variety as well, which include large attacks
or status changing effects.

[Image: heightcheckfo7.png]

[Image: thelineuprc2.png]
[Image: bwipidle30285xe0.gif][Image: sonicquickidle25445yw5.gif]
--------------------------------
What I need?? But im not really asking or requesting people. If someones interested, I jus dont mind the help.
Spriters obviously, however there is quality control, Im not just accepting anything, Right now I just need help sheeting the playables.

Idle
Run
3 hit combo
1 aerial
2 specials
Use Item pose
hurt
Dead
Final Special

I plan to sheet everything by myself If I dont get any help obviously.
Thanked by:
Seems interesting, is this gonna be a game?
Also, the bomberman dude, Sonic and Mario looks too short and why does Mario have a cape? Also, either Riku is too tall or Luigi is short. Good luck on this!
Thanked by:
(01-14-2009, 07:04 PM)TriggerX Wrote: <story>

It sounds rather bland and, quite frankly, cliche. But I'm not here for the story; on to the sprites:

They actually look pretty good in my opinion, although Sonic's left (our right) foot sticks too far out, making his leg look awkwardly bent; move it a pixel to our left and straighten out his leg.
Also, Bomberman's bomb seems weirdly rotated during some frames of the animation; just make sure it's body retains its shape throughout the whole animation because it's spherical.
Thanked by:
Mario's legs take up way too much of his body.
Thanked by: