Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Help with .byte files
I'm trying to extract models from the ios/android mobile game, Bleach: Brave Souls (Unity game). I've had moderate success with running the game in Nox and ripping models with NinjaRipper, but I'm trying to directly extract the models from the files to get them neat and in t-pose. I'm assuming it'll be a lot easier and faster than tediously ripping everything one by one using NinjaRipper too. 

This is the type of game that only has basic set up files in its APK and downloads everything else after you run the game for the first time, so the models aren't located in the initial APK. I managed to find a 2 gb folder titled "rmfs" with a bunch of .byte and .pb files inside of it. The .byte and .pb files have the names of the assets in the game, so I'm sure this is where everything is located. The problem is that I'm extremely new at this and have no idea how .byte and .pb files work. Is there a way to extract models/textures from these files? Or can only the game itself read them? 

Thanks!
Thanked by:
Try Perfare's AssetStudio:
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/Perfare/.../artifacts

Might do the trick if you load the data folder considering it's a Unity game
Thanked by:
(04-27-2020, 07:30 AM)Pingu! Wrote: Try Perfare's AssetStudio:
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/Perfare/.../artifacts

Might do the trick if you load the data folder considering it's a Unity game
Thanks for the suggestion! AssetStudio managed to open the initial APK files, but unfortunately wasn't able to open the .byte or .pb files that the models and textures were located in. Is there something else I could try?
Thanked by:
Uplod some and ill look
Thanked by:
Sure thing, I hope Google Drive is okay. I believe they're encrypted but I have no clue how to even begin decrypting them. Thanks again!
Thanked by:
hi I'm interested in the 3d models from BBS too, you succeeded?
Thanked by:
(05-01-2020, 02:46 AM)borboric Wrote: hi I'm interested in the 3d models from BBS too, you succeeded?

No, unfortunately. I still haven't found out how to decrypt them. I tried opening them up in a hex editor, but the header for the models (the .byte files) is just "KLab" and I'm not sure where to go from here.
Thanked by:
Hey Hi do you have any progress? I want those 3d model so badly Sad
Thanked by: