Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Ripping sprites from Gameloft JAR games
Exclamation 
Hi,
I have a Diamond Rush .Jar that i want to extracts sprites from.
I've tried extracting the file with 7zip and there are no image files.
I found that files named 0 ; 1 ; ... are most likely where  the sprites are located but i dont seem to get to them.
Looking for any kind of help.
THANKS GUYS YOU'RE THE BEST
Thanked by: Maxton667hunter
(04-13-2020, 06:24 PM)WenceCZ Wrote: Hi,
I found that files named 0 ; 1 ; ... are most likely where  the sprites are located but i dont seem to get to them.

I found sound files but not sprites im a programmer so i know some stuff but i have to find the code for that by extracting all class files
Thanked by:

I Found Most if not all of Diamond Rush's Sprites(I have Ripped them from source files). I don't know how should i ask or upload those sprites.if you want to ask me for sprites you can message me.
Thanked by:
(11-17-2021, 07:23 AM)Omkar Wrote:

I Found Most if not all of Diamond Rush's Sprites(I have Ripped them from source files). I don't know how should i ask or upload those sprites.if you want to ask me for sprites you can message me.

Link to Diamond Rush's sprites:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lp6sbosgxbbypd...g.zip?dl=0

(03-09-2022, 08:20 AM)Omkar Wrote:
(11-17-2021, 07:23 AM)Omkar Wrote:

Link to Diamond Rush's sprites:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lp6sbosgxbbypd...g.zip?dl=0

The Sprites are not made into a tilemap or tilesets

so, if anyone of you have enough time or knowledge to make tileset/tilemap of it you can.

Attached Files
.zip   Diamond Rush Samsung.zip (Size: 983.71 KB / Downloads: 272)
yI can do that, unite the sprites and do the animations, it's not complex, I could do it, I'd make many sheets and pass them on to you, or is it your decision?
Thanked by:
Neutral 
(03-24-2022, 10:21 PM)Maxton667hunter Wrote: yI can do that, unite the sprites and do the animations, it's not complex, I could do it, I'd make many sheets and pass them on to you, or is it your decision?

if you want you should do it, i am busy with life currently, sorry.
Well I have animated the sprite of the main character, the ones of the enemies are not difficult nor of the bosses, because they are animated in a specific way, they do not have random movements
When I finish the sprites, I'll see how I'll upload them to sprites_resource

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanked by: Omkar
(05-01-2022, 09:20 PM)Maxton667hunter Wrote: Well I have animated the sprite of the main character, the ones of the enemies are not difficult nor of the bosses, because they are animated in a specific way, they do not have random movements
When I finish the sprites, I'll see how I'll upload them to sprites_resource

That's cool as heck man!
I had always wanted to see the diamond rush's sprites.
Because of you i could see the end result, thank you.

I had always wanted to rip the sprites, for like years.
i reverse engineered the files for months on end
and finally last year, i somehow did it. To see the final result and thinking something like that came because of me is a weird feeling.

anyways got a little carried away Content

I got a little inspired because of this, so i think i should also start with combining some sprites.
so i want to ask you what are you doing, how much did you do, can i help you in something (snake, boss animation and what not)

and if you are going to do all by yourself, don't forget to give me credit XD. i had always wanted to do that, so i would like to have my name displayed on it as a ripper or something XD.
assembling the boss 3 sprite, this one in what I saw his foot disappears in a specific frame, I don't know if it's due to a bug, since I tried another version, and still with the same, 
I'm already assembling the sprites like the enemies, when I finish everything, I'll upload it here in Zip, it'll take a little longer since I have other things to do, so there's an announcement
after months, I have managed to assemble all the sprites of the enemies,now I just need to put transparency on them, I achieved this with the screenshots at a resolution of 240x320 pixels, it was long but it will be worth it, I will see sprite-resource
the most important thing of all are the sprites, there was a warning when it was finished, they could use it for anything ha

Here you go:
[Image: afZLkTM.png]
Spiders are screwed, though, since they use the same black as the background.

Edit:
Ah, you're using this as reference for the sprite inside the ZIP, so transparency wasn't even neccessary. Oh well...
Ripping Tutorial for PC Engine / TurboGrafx 16 / TurboGrafx CD
https://www.vg-resource.com/thread-41637.html
Thanked by: Maxton667hunter, Omkar
that's what I meant, also use the .zip that onskar used there are the sprites and their pieces, wow friend, I was already separating them, it doesn't matter worse you helped colleague ha ha 
Very well now the scenarios and bosses are missing but this is also easy, here I leave it with the transparency some sprites, also there are the frozen enemies included

well, finishing with these sprites, the playable character and the bosses would be missing, I am now taking screenshots of the bosses and watching them carefully, also the bosses will not be a problem Because they only have one attack, and an easy movement pattern, so I'll be continuing with the extraction of these sprites, and see how I upload them in sprite-resource

another thing, the game has a very strange artistic style

Thanked by: Barack Obama, Omkar
(08-11-2022, 09:48 PM)Maxton667hunter Wrote: that's what I meant, also use the .zip that onskar used there are the sprites and their pieces, wow friend, I was already separating them, it doesn't matter worse you helped colleague ha ha 
Very well now the scenarios and bosses are missing but this is also easy, here I leave it with the transparency some sprites, also there are the frozen enemies included

well, finishing with these sprites, the playable character and the bosses would be missing, I am now taking screenshots of the bosses and watching them carefully, also the bosses will not be a problem Because they only have one attack, and an easy movement pattern, so I'll be continuing with the extraction of these sprites, and see how I upload them in sprite-resource

I have few days free currently, so I will also give things a try.

So when i reverse engineered the code of Diamond Rush, i wrote code that was really really messy, now i am trying to understand that months old code, it seems i did not found many sprites from the game because i have just found more sprites from the game, i don't know what the heck is happening in my code, but i am trying to understand it. I will soon upload more sprites with the old ones

I still have not figured out how the game combines sprites together, if i were to know that i can just take the combined sprites, let's see i will try that now

Thank you very much for the things you did.
(08-11-2022, 04:40 PM)Maxton667hunter Wrote: after months, I have managed to assemble all the sprites of the enemies,now I just need to put transparency on them, I achieved this with the screenshots at a resolution of 240x320 pixels, it was long but it will be worth it, I will see sprite-resource
the most important thing of all are the sprites, there was a warning when it was finished, they could use it for anything ha

I am not sure, if i found all the files, but this version contains transparent backgrounds

File Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RdbH1x0...sp=sharing
Thanked by: Obormugen
(08-12-2022, 03:34 AM)Omkar Wrote:
(08-11-2022, 09:48 PM)Maxton667hunter Wrote: that's what I meant, also use the .zip that onskar used there are the sprites and their pieces, wow friend, I was already separating them, it doesn't matter worse you helped colleague ha ha 

I have few days free currently, so I will also give things a try.

So when i reverse engineered the code of Diamond Rush, i wrote code that was really really messy, now i am trying to understand that months old code, it seems i did not found many sprites from the game because i have just found more sprites from the game, i don't know what the heck is happening in my code, but i am trying to understand it. I will soon upload more sprites with the old ones

I still have not figured out how the game combines sprites together, if i were to know that i can just take the combined sprites, let's see i will try that now

Thank you very much for the things you did.

well thanks colleague, Here we help each other and we are having progress, and another thing with the code, I have discovered where the sprites are housed, it is in .F and they are in the game files, he asked me what program You used to extract the sprites, also those files from what I have investigated have characteristics such as a .pak or a .zip and perhaps they have a bit of code to form the sprites of elements On screen as stages, Character and enemies and etc wow of all the Gameloft games, this one was an odyssey to extract the sprites, but it will still be worth it

Thanked by: Omkar, Obormugen