Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
100% Custom Dry Bowser PA
Hey all, Lock here with my current project; Dry Bowser PA.
All I have now is the head, which I did yesterday, shaded and everything. I'll be updating with progress, so I hope this gets done fast.

Behold:
http://i35.servimg.com/u/f35/13/15/73/71/challe12.png
I'ts not my very best, in fact I have done a whole lot better. This is just a project requested to sprite, so I thought, make it for TSR as well.
It seems rather, rushed, to me.
Thanked by:
Couple of things:
Unless you're planning on making a series of PAs of Mario characters or something, this belongs in Sprite Discussion;
The lineart is jagged: Just because there's a curve (read: polygon) limit on the 3D rendering doesn't mean there's one of the sprites. The curves you do have on there also look jagged and need to be smoothed out.
Once you've got the lineart working, you'll need to make smoother lines for your shading, as well. You should also increase the contrast in said shading, as well.
And remember, skulls have two eyesockets that aren't connected (unless you're Sonic); I realize the black is intended to be shading, but you need to differentiate the color of his eyesocket and of the indentation that "connects" his two eyesockets.
Thanked by:
Try to establish one lightsource, and smoothen out the lineart, the shading also needs work, it looks too jagged and out of place. Maybe use some spriting tutorials if you need help.
Gifts
[ PK - TomGuycott - MoneyMan ]
Thanked by: kirbyfan112, kirbyfan112
Lock[EE],

You should seriously consider sketching out the entire body first to capture proportions.

Then create the shapes.. and use the mid-tones...

Right now you have the image warped, the outcome won't look right... mostly on the right side the image.

Good luck.
[Image: yeaaaa.png]
Thanked by:
I agree with Medri in that you should create an outline of the entire sprite first.
Thanked by:
I second that idea. And dude, Lock, your on this site? I never knew. Mainly 'cause I only made an account yesterday.
Mew2King Wrote:they should make a cereal called jiggly puffs
Thanked by: