Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[PSX] Bust-A-Groove models?
Hello all, new to the forum, because I just don't have any options anymore.

I've been attempting to rip the models from Bust-A-Groove on the PSX, with zero luck.

The characters & stages appear to be in a strange .DSF format, and unfortunately I'm not savy enough to reverse engineer the file.

I've tried NinjaRipper, but it didn't work with EPSXE, but it kinda of worked with pSX_1.13 It certainly captures a ton of images (flat) but no actual models, which is a huge shame.

Using Paradox's multi-ripper, you can see the models textures within the DSF files, but not the models themselves.

Searching for DSF 3d modelling gets me an older 3d modelling program, DAZ Studio. Trying the different versions yeilds no results, the program telling that there's no importer for the file found.

There's 1 other thing I've not been able to find, but I honestly doubt that it's something that will work. Something canned Daz Toolbox. Unfortunately, I'm unable to source this program, as it looks like it runs way back to the windows 98 era.

Any help would be appreciated, even to just shoot me down and tell me that getting these models is not possible.

Many thanks in advanced.
Thanked by: meeksnpoke
Smile 
Hello! My friend and I have been wanting to get these models to use within Garry's Mod. Have you had any progress with getting your hands on the models? I know it has been quite a while, but I'm honestly super curious.

Please let me know! Feel free to PM me as well. 

Thanks a ton.
Thanked by:
quick analysis: DFS files look like generic archives; first four bytes are an ascii header of "DFS_" and then you have one 32 bit integer for file amount "X". After that read X amount of 32-bit integer pairs as [pointer, size] and that's how you get the files out. The subfiles are often standard TIM images, but there's also things like SEDT and DBI_ which are in-house file formats. SEDT looks like a container for VAB audio files and the DBI files are very likely model data. Besides TIMs and SEDTs and DBIs, there are other files but I dunno what they are.
Once there was a way to get back homeward
Thanked by:
I'm searching for a models from this game about year. Even tried to extract them from DFS files, but nothing done (I'm just far away from programming). Is there nobody able to rip out the models from Bust a Move (Groove)?
Thanked by:
I'm dreaming of the animations and models from this game, has anyone made any progress so far?
Thanked by: