Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Looking for Pixel Artist For Game Project
Hello,

I'm looking to work with one or two pixel artists for a game I am developing. The plan for this project is to build a demo and from there to launch into a crowdfunding campaign to fund the full game. All sprites made for the demo will be paid for, so this is NOT a "pay comes with success of crowdfund" situation. I consider the demo to be entirely separate from the game itself. The reasons for this will make sense a little further down.

This game is to be a story-rich adventure/puzzle game (if you're ever played Rakuen by Laura Shigihara, I would liken it to that), playing with a top down perspective. I have need for both someone to make characters sprites and to make tiles for the environment; if they can be both performed by the same person, I have nothing against this. If need be, however, I'll hire separately.

The demo will be intended to use a sprite style similar, if not identical, to that found in the Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon: Another Story RPG (While sheets are not on Spriter's Resource, I do have access to sheets to be used as reference). However, the trick of this project is that while there will be one human character, everything else will... not be human. This means it's of huge importance that whoever works on this can adapt making non-human things match the style. Any animations will need to match the framerate done with the Another Story sprites, which is typically 2-3 unique frames per animation.

Finally, I will note that the reason the demo is considered separate is that one of my potential goals for a crowdfunding campaign is to effectively redo the sprites in their entirety to a style that can be considered unique for the game, offering larger and more detailed sprites and animations compared to the Another Story style. This means that there could be a large change in the sprites down the road. For this reason, anyone that applies I would also ask to see their normal style (if it doesn't come close to the Another Story style) so that could potentially be used in the future.

Please share your asked rate per sprite/tile, both for the style I'm asking and for your personal style.

TL;DR:

I need...

- One pixel artist for sprites in style of Sailor Moon: Another Story
- One pixel artist for environment tiles (Can be the same as the artist above)
- Please share examples of your own style/s if you have it
- Please share your price per sprite or tile for everything you show

Thank you for your time!

Oh, and for anyone that is thinking "This guy is a totally new user, how can we be sure he won't scam someone," I offer this: I use the username Hythrain everywhere online. Twitter, Twitch, Instagram, Facebook, etc. I've used this name for years. I've hired artists under this name for years and I'm not keen on losing it. Secondly, to confirm I'm not a fake of myself, I'll be posting a link to this very post in a reply to my own tweet saying I was looking for a pixel artist right here: https://twitter.com/hythrain/status/1220950661015261184 That way, people can know I'm legit.
Thanked by:
(01-25-2020, 01:08 AM)hythrain Wrote: Hello,

I'm looking to work with one or two pixel artists for a game I am developing. The plan for this project is to build a demo and from there to launch into a crowdfunding campaign to fund the full game. All sprites made for the demo will be paid for, so this is NOT a "pay comes with success of crowdfund" situation. I consider the demo to be entirely separate from the game itself. The reasons for this will make sense a little further down.

This game is to be a story-rich adventure/puzzle game (if you're ever played Rakuen by Laura Shigihara, I would liken it to that), playing with a top down perspective. I have need for both someone to make characters sprites and to make tiles for the environment; if they can be both performed by the same person, I have nothing against this. If need be, however, I'll hire separately.

The demo will be intended to use a sprite style similar, if not identical, to that found in the Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon: Another Story RPG (While sheets are not on Spriter's Resource, I do have access to sheets to be used as reference). However, the trick of this project is that while there will be one human character, everything else will... not be human. This means it's of huge importance that whoever works on this can adapt making non-human things match the style. Any animations will need to match the framerate done with the Another Story sprites, which is typically 2-3 unique frames per animation.

Finally, I will note that the reason the demo is considered separate is that one of my potential goals for a crowdfunding campaign is to effectively redo the sprites in their entirety to a style that can be considered unique for the game, offering larger and more detailed sprites and animations compared to the Another Story style. This means that there could be a large change in the sprites down the road. For this reason, anyone that applies I would also ask to see their normal style (if it doesn't come close to the Another Story style) so that could potentially be used in the future.

Please share your asked rate per sprite/tile, both for the style I'm asking and for your personal style.

TL;DR:

I need...

- One pixel artist for sprites in style of Sailor Moon: Another Story
- One pixel artist for environment tiles (Can be the same as the artist above)
- Please share examples of your own style/s if you have it
- Please share your price per sprite or tile for everything you show

Thank you for your time!

Oh, and for anyone that is thinking "This guy is a totally new user, how can we be sure he won't scam someone," I offer this: I use the username Hythrain everywhere online. Twitter, Twitch, Instagram, Facebook, etc. I've used this name for years. I've hired artists under this name for years and I'm not keen on losing it. Secondly, to confirm I'm not a fake of myself, I'll be posting a link to this very post in a reply to my own tweet saying I was looking for a pixel artist right here: https://twitter.com/hythrain/status/1220950661015261184 That way, people can know I'm legit.
I'm interested! I will send you a DM message with my portfolio.
Thanked by: