Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
my custom outlined Mario and Luigi sprites
Despite my spritesheet been rejected by the staff, I will show my spritesheet for constructive feedback and suggestions.

Ton Wrote:Hi TheEric132,

You're receiving this PM because I'm afraid we have rejected your sheet of "Mario & Luigi" for "Mario Customs" under the console "Custom / Edited".

Your sheet was not accepted for the following reason:
  • The sheet does not meet quality standards for the Custom / Edited section. We are always happy to see people who want to do custom work and, as a community, strive to help artists grow. This sheet does not currently meet our quality standards but we'd love to help you improve so head over to the Spriting and Pixel Art board and post your sheet there for some constructive feedback and suggestions.
You're more than welcome to reply or post your sheet on the forum for advice as to what went wrong. We'd really love it if you did, because it is members such as yourself that are the very reason this website is where it is today. Without a strong community, this website would not even be a fragment of what it is.

Best of luck,
Ton

So, what are your suggestions to this spritesheet?

Do not dislike/hate this!
All replies are welcome!
[Image: TheEric132.gif]
Thanked by:
In general, you need more poses. Mario and Luigi have a bunch of movements and abilities to draw from. Keep them in mind.
The characters also look very stiff, like Minecraft characters. Loosen them up. The shading also needs work, as they just look like flat shapes.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by: TheEric132
(01-20-2020, 11:09 AM)Ton Wrote: In general, you need more poses. Mario and Luigi have a bunch of movements and abilities to draw from. Keep them in mind.
The characters also look very stiff, like Minecraft characters. Loosen them up. The shading also needs work, as they just look like flat shapes.
Ok!  Genki ^_^
Thanked by:
There!      So, What do you think?
All replies are welcome!
Thanked by:
Despite receiving no replies from my previous thread, I will show my spritesheet for constructive feedback and suggestions, once again.

So, What do you think?

Reply me, please!
All replies are welcome!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Image(s)

Thanked by:
No need to remake the thread every time it's ignored. That clutters up the forum.

Anyway, your first sheet you have listed is decent. It's just that they look a little squished from the sides. Might want to round them out a bit more. As far as animation goes, I can't tell for certain since I'd have to see them in motion, but I think they wouldn't animate very well as the leg positions look very stiff at a rudimentary glance. Knees bend after all! I know the 2d Mario games got away without doing this, but that's because you never see the whole leg whenever they walk. But if you're aiming for an early DOS game look, I think you nailed the look and I mean that in a very nice way.

Hope this helps!
God is good.  Big Grin

An old fart who sits on a chair, giving animation and pixeling advice,... and calls everyone son...
It looks fine, however I noticed you reused Mario's face from Super Mario World, and the shading looks pillow shaded, and the sprites look very stiff, if you can improve those things then you got yourself an alright sprite-sheet! Smile
Merged the threads. No need to have two for essentially the same thing!
I will never ever come back! (I will come back, someday.)
Thanked by:
(01-23-2020, 11:34 AM)TheEric132 Wrote: I will never ever come back! (I will come back, someday.)
Do not report/flag this!
Really? We gave you feedback, what else did you want lol
I also made Wario for some reason.    
Thanked by:
This HAS to be a joke of yours (not the sprite - just the behavior).
God is good.  Big Grin

An old fart who sits on a chair, giving animation and pixeling advice,... and calls everyone son...
I fixed Mario's head. The same thing applies to Luigi as well. What do you think? I think its good.

Reply me, please!
All replies are welcome!
Thanked by:
I also made Kevin Mario, the third Mario brother,     
because of this:

[Image: 163748ddc300df0b0394ec396078f61bc4f6bf2c...59eb_1.jpg]

Reply me, please!
All replies are welcome!
Thanked by:
I fixed Mario once again. The same thing applies to Luigi as well. What do you think?

I think its good but, i have one question:
Should my Custom Outlined Mario and Luigi have whites in their eyes?

Reply me, please!
All replies are welcome!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanked by: