Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Farewell VG Resource
Sad 
Hello (whoever is reading this), I'm Sanicderpy, you may have noticed me around the site (I'm not a very well known member at all) and I've being trying my best to make customs/edits of Sonic character sprites in various styles (like with the failed "Sonic in Super 32X/Chaotix thread", as they were just "stolen" sprites (thanks for my stupidity for forgetting things) and turned into edits to look like I've "done it", just because I'm too lazy to acutally "learn" to make customs).I don't like and not very good doing digital art (pixel art for instance) as being used to drawing by pencil, you would rather reply with "just get good" or something, I can only do so much at a time)I know I've been correcting my mistakes and listening to critism, despite taking action, I still don't really get any replies  (the rules dosen't really explain it very well either.) I've been addicted to this forum site once, as I was checking back each day, to see I will get some feedback and being put through a lot of pressure on trying to show my work asap. I know you may think it's "all lies" or something but I'm actually being honest.

Btw the VG Resource is a great network of sites for asset archiving and such. My major complaint is that this site should really put up more tutorials somehow to save a lot of time for people (like myself) for tediously looking for tutorials on how to do certain customs/edited sprites. The VG Resoure's Wiki is pretty stubby too, there should be more information on the pages, which the ripping and tutorial section is pretty lacking.The sites really needs to be more helpful rather making users like me have to wander around the internet for hours looking for information  just on how to rip sprites and making customs. Anyway that's all I have to say, I'm won't be coming back. Probably, if I've gotten better at customs/edits, done a lot of progress on my customs and rips, and also got my motivation back into gear, I will come back to show a bunch of new stuff. If you like, you can provide me information to help me get back on track to contiune on my own in the future. (You don't have to).

Better move on now, Sanicderpy
(11-28-2019, 07:52 AM)Sanicderpy Wrote: I don't like and not very good doing digital art (pixel art for instance) as being used to drawing by pencil, you would rather reply with "just get good" or something

I feel your pain, here's something that may help you get used to pixel art, I saw this video once where a guy made a full sketch of the character then converted it to a sprite, something else that may help you are the 12 principles of animation, an animator by the name of Alan Becker made a wonderful series explaining it, each video is only around 3 minutes in runtime so they won't take too much out of your time.

Something else I would recommend is getting a cheap drawing tablet, here's a decent one on Amazon that's pretty cheap, while it may take some getting used to compared to pencil and paper it will feel a lot better than using your mouse.
Thanked by:
(11-28-2019, 07:52 AM)Sanicderpy Wrote: Hello (whoever is reading this), I'm Sanicderpy, you may have noticed me around the site (I'm not a very well known member at all) and I've being trying my best to make customs/edits of Sonic character sprites in various styles (like with the failed "Sonic in Super 32X/Chaotix thread", as they were just "stolen" sprites (thanks for my stupidity for forgetting things) and turned into edits to look like I've "done it", just because I'm too lazy to acutally "learn" to make customs).I don't like and not very good doing digital art (pixel art for instance) as being used to drawing by pencil, you would rather reply with "just get good" or something, I can only do so much at a time)I know I've been correcting my mistakes and listening to critism, despite taking action, I still don't really get any replies  (the rules dosen't really explain it very well either.) I've been addicted to this forum site once, as I was checking back each day, to see I will get some feedback and being put through a lot of pressure on trying to show my work asap. I know you may think it's "all lies" or something but I'm actually being honest.

Btw the VG Resource is a great network of sites for asset archiving and such. My major complaint is that this site should really put up more tutorials somehow to save a lot of time for people (like myself) for tediously looking for tutorials on how to do certain customs/edited sprites. The VG Resoure's Wiki is pretty stubby too, there should be more information on the pages, which the ripping and tutorial section is pretty lacking.The sites really needs to be more helpful rather making users like me have to wander around the internet for hours looking for information  just on how to rip sprites and making customs. Anyway that's all I have to say, I'm won't be coming back. Probably, if I've gotten better at customs/edits, done a lot of progress on my customs and rips, and also got my motivation back into gear, I will come back to show a bunch of new stuff. If you like, you can provide me information to help me get back on track to contiune on my own in the future. (You don't have to).

Better move on now, Sanicderpy

I hate to see a user leave our community, but in the end it is your decision to do so... A few things I would like to point out, one of the main things being is that this isn't the only place for tutorials on how to rip sprites/techniques for creating them. I think your main issue was not knowing how to pin-point specifics on your question, because they seem very generalized. I think if you change the way you ask your questions, you will yield better responses, because asking how to make "custom / edits", for me at least, isn't enough detail, ya see what I'm trying to say? Especially on how to rip things, because that's also very game dependent as well. There are several places for different types of information. I think you just need to gear your questions more specifically. Also, the forums are not as active as our Discord is, which is why you may not always get a response. I encourage you to join, our Discord is here:
https://discord.gg/dykg

Whatever you decide, good luck in your future endeavors, and you're always welcome back should you choose to leave.

Best,

Pingu!
Just joined and I'm already seeing this?
Thanked by:
This site has been around for over 15 years in one form or another (wow.. that's kind of crazy to see written out). People come and go all the time. We of course don't like to see people leave because they're unhappy but it's just the way of things. Some people leave because they don't get what they want, others because they lose interest in the content, some just because they move on from gaming as a whole. Whatever the reason, it's theirs and there's no reason for a new member to start their time here in a negative light. So, welcome to the site and I do hope you enjoy your time here, however long or short it may be!
Thanked by: