Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Regarding models from "Super Dragonball Heroes: World Mission"
Hi folks!
I just wrote this thread to throw the stone into the pond and tell you once and for all about the models from World Mission (at least the Steam version).
First of all: the .cpk file extension is literally the same one we found in both Xenoverse games. That means that CPKBrowser works for them as well.
However, in order for the models to work inside Blender and other 3D programs, you need to check "Heroes Decrypt" in the "Settings" tab, as shown below:
[Image: mSlfkcm.png]
The models are located in data_00_win.cpk, while the most important character icons are in data_03_win.cpk.
The character folders located in character\model\ are named bc***, just like in the previous 3DS title, with the *** being replaced as the name of the character (es bcgok is Goku). Inside these folders we can find some subfolders called bc***b##, with the ## replaced with a number identifying that particular costume|transformation (es: bcgokb00, bcvgtb10), as well as a bc***l00 folders which contains a .ean (animation) file whose purpose is unknown to me.
Anyways, in each subfolder there are some other files stored as shown:
[Image: yd0OKc5.png]
The file formats are the same as the ones from Xenoverse, with .emb storing textures and toon ramps, .emd the model itself (split into their corresponding body parts) and .emm the materials.
Therefore all Libxenoverse tools (embpack, emdfbx etc.) are fully compatible with these models (only if decrypted as shown above).

All textures are called the same as in XV1 and 2, but behave exactly like their counterparts from the 3DS Heroes titles (reference: https://www.vg-resource.com/thread-30993.html):
[Image: mlf5SEG.png]
However, while .emb files don't give me problems, some .esk files (which should be the models' armature|skeleton for animation) do, as they give me an error and result in this mess:
[Image: febg8EC.png]
This happens both when I use emdfbx for the esk alone and when I select the emb files as well.
This is the error that appears, and I would be happy if someone finds out a solution:
[Image: 7RyCfvO.png]
That's about it, I hope I've been useful.
We should need more models, so I'm trying my best to help with new rips.
Thanked by:
(09-29-2019, 01:30 PM)Yarnman Wrote: Hi folks!
I just wrote this thread to throw the stone into the pond and tell you once and for all about the models from World Mission (at least the Steam version).
First of all: the .cpk file extension is literally the same one we found in both Xenoverse games. That means that CPKBrowser works for them as well.
However, in order for the models to work inside Blender and other 3D programs, you need to check "Heroes Decrypt" in the "Settings" tab, as shown below:
[Image: mSlfkcm.png]
The models are located in data_00_win.cpk, while the most important character icons are in data_03_win.cpk.
The character folders located in character\model\ are named bc***, just like in the previous 3DS title, with the *** being replaced as the name of the character (es bcgok is Goku). Inside these folders we can find some subfolders called bc***b##, with the ## replaced with a number identifying that particular costume|transformation (es: bcgokb00, bcvgtb10), as well as a bc***l00 folders which contains a .ean (animation) file whose purpose is unknown to me.
Anyways, in each subfolder there are some other files stored as shown:
[Image: yd0OKc5.png]
The file formats are the same as the ones from Xenoverse, with .emb storing textures and toon ramps, .emd the model itself (split into their corresponding body parts) and .emm the materials.
Therefore all Libxenoverse tools (embpack, emdfbx etc.) are fully compatible with these models (only if decrypted as shown above).

All textures are called the same as in XV1 and 2, but behave exactly like their counterparts from the 3DS Heroes titles (reference: https://www.vg-resource.com/thread-30993.html):
[Image: mlf5SEG.png]
However, while .emb files don't give me problems, some .esk files (which should be the models' armature|skeleton for animation) do, as they give me an error and result in this mess:
[Image: febg8EC.png]
This happens both when I use emdfbx for the esk alone and when I select the emb files as well.
This is the error that appears, and I would be happy if someone finds out a solution:
[Image: 7RyCfvO.png]
That's about it, I hope I've been useful.
When dragging your files onto emdfbx.exe to extract, make sure you also extract all your files with the "bc***l00.ean" file. This is very important and should help with most if not all character models.
Thanked by:
Big Grin 
(10-15-2019, 04:28 PM)NotSoRed Wrote: When dragging your files onto emdfbx.exe to extract, make sure you also extract all your files with the "bc***l00.ean" file. This is very important and should help with most if not all character models.
Doesn't seem to work with Hit.
Also, I tested Goku and it seems that it exports the armature lower on the Z-axis, resulting into a broken model with a de-sync between the mesh and armature.
Which means with Goku it's better to use the motion files instead.
Thanked by:
Ok, so I've downloaded the japanese Switch version and found out, not to my surprise, that there are some characters that are exclusive for thye japanese release, such as God Broly right here.
[Image: gfCtDzL.png]
The problem is that his textures, despite being DDS, aren't readable unlike their PC counterparts.
[Image: uPu5e14.png]
What could the problem be?
EDIT: Solved by myself, you should use this little program right here:
https://github.com/KillzXGaming/Switch-Toolbox/releases
Thanked by:
(05-11-2020, 08:18 AM)Yarnman Wrote: Ok, so I've downloaded the japanese Switch version and found out, not to my surprise, that there are some characters that are exclusive for thye japanese release, such as God Broly right here.
[Image: gfCtDzL.png]
The problem is that his textures, despite being DDS, aren't readable unlike their PC counterparts.
[Image: uPu5e14.png]
What could the problem be?
EDIT: Solved by myself, you should use this little program right here:
https://github.com/KillzXGaming/Switch-Toolbox/releases
I'm Japanese so I have a Japanese version of the file. However, 06 does not exist in bcbrl. Next to 05 there is 11.
Were they included in the DLC?

The character you uploaded is called "Broly God" in Japan and has not appeared in the game.
It appeared only in Japanese attraction events.(http://www.carddass.com/dbh/sdbh/mission/mission11.php)
It's strange that the game files include this character. If true, unused character.
Thanked by:
Is there any sure-fire way to extract the models with textures that have the proper names? I understand the emdfbx tool is for the model stuff, but the emb tool makes the textures a mess, calling them all "DATA###", which is not helpful for other programs like Blender. Sometimes it's very easy to figure out what textures belong to which mesh, but other times it's a total gamble.
Thanked by: