Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Dreamcast Sprite Ripping Methods?
Howdy VG Resource Community,

I'm interested in ripping from a Dreamcast title, but it seems like the options are few and far between and I'm significantly out of my depth.

There's ArtMoney which I've previously attempted working with on another project and found it beyond the scope of my ability. Trying to narrow down values to find the function that determines specific graphics would require an unbelievable amount of time and patience that I simply don't have. Similarly, TiledGGD seems like a powerful utility but I'll be damned if I can find some decent documentation for it. I haven't been able to get anything worthwhile out of it from any console I've tried. I was hoping GLIntercept would do the job, as it's my go-to for other powerful consoles, but despite the emulator using OpenGL for rendering, it's a fairly closed off system and doesn't seem to function.

Finally, I'm stuck screenshot ripping the title.

Y U C K !

My absolute least favourite method of ripping anything, it's so wildly inaccurate even with a keen eye and a pinch of OCD. So I'm here as a last ditch effort to see if I've missed any resources that could help me rip from the Dreamcast in a more accurate and efficient way.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

UPDATE: It was a long process but I managed to get GLIntercept working and it's smooth sailing from here.
Thanked by: