Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Android visual novel app ripping
Hi, I hope i'm not in the wrong place for this.
There's a few Unity-based android visual novels apps that I've been debugging using URL hackers.
But some of them are the type that downloads huge bulks of data packets, and I presume the images and whatnot are stored in there.
Using the same URL ping methods doesn't turn up any URLs, and process hacker detects that the app is accessing something internal

[Image: 3272d1f23cb10f7257874513e771b175c6a2e974.png]

I tried accessing those folders and it only contains files with no identification of the file type. It just says "file", and the names are a series of random numbers.
There's a "base APK" that I managed to pull, and it contains some of the basic frameworks, such as GUI and splash screens, but not the internal game content/sprites.
I'm still not too savvy with tools/methods so I'm wondering if anyone knows what to do here.

The game shown in the screenshot is this:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...s.en&hl=en
Thanked by:
Try running the files you found through AssetStudio.
Thanked by:
(09-23-2019, 11:15 AM)Simpsons Dumper Wrote: Try running the files you found through AssetStudio.

I tried running the files with garbled numbers through Asset Studio and it says "no files loaded".

Maybe I'm grabbing something wrong here. Recently the app downloaded new assets, and all I can see being modified in the main app folders (android > data > [app name]) are "browscap.ini", "config.xml", and "defaultwsdhelpgenerator.aspx". I tried rummaging through Root, and couldn't see anything particularly new being added/changed.
Thanked by: