Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Darklight Sprites (Custom Character)
One of my friends is making a "Darklight" videogame. Darklight is a character he invented, who I know little to nothing about, but I decided to sprite for him. Mabelma is also helping to make these sprites for the game, and we try to crit each other as much as possible. However, we found that sometimes, both of us are stumped.

Here's what I have so far, and Mabelma says he'll post his stuff tomorrow, since he has to go to bed. C + C please Smile

Diddy's Sprites
Thanked by:
there's too much colors, the anatomy is poor (is jagged and pointy), the pants are pillowed, lacks hue-shifting.

EDIT: Also you could make the limbs away from us darker, to give some depth to the sprite.
Thanked by:
I understand what you said about the pillowing, but could you be more specific about the "anatomy"? What's so wrong with it? I see that his left arm (our right) is a bad (I need to fix that), but what else? Are you saying that the line is jagged? If that's so, I can't fix it. The line is on a slant so it will looks jagged.
Thanks for the help, though Smile
Thanked by:
Well as Diddy said I will post my sprite now.
[Image: DL-Inair-7.png]
It's only one because the other one I was suppose to do Diddy made it cause it was horrible.
Tell me what you think.
It's a falling sprite.
I know that the pants shading it's bad but I can't seem to make it better.
Thanked by:
Well, for one, shade his butt a little. Also, do a VERY light shade under his shirt. I suck at shading myself, so I can't help much there.
Thanked by:
(01-08-2009, 08:27 AM)Mabelma Wrote: Well as Diddy said I will post my sprite now.
It's only one because the other one I was suppose to do Diddy made it cause it was horrible.
Tell me what you think.
It's a falling sprite.

read gorsal's post - the pillow shading. It's just flat shaded
Thanked by:
(01-08-2009, 08:27 AM)Mabelma Wrote: Well as Diddy said I will post my sprite now.
Tell me what you think.
It's a falling sprite.

This pose is copyright the green guy
don't use the green guy!
[Image: cIUPd.png]
Give me my own member group!
--
megazario Wrote:quite amazing good job make up more keep up the good work
plz dont give me a bad point plz for sounding a bit gay here
Thanked by:
WHat does Gorsal mean? How is the body jagged? I understand point, and I can fix that, but jagged? And how are there too many colors? There are 4 whites/grays and 4 purples...

btw, here is the only reference picture I have.

http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp228...kLight.jpg

I know, I need to fix the part where his shirt meets his pants.

Also, about his falling sprites, I've seen that pose a lot of places. The first place I saw it were on these Marth sprites that we're using in SSB Rumble.
I also believe Sanji in Jump Ultimate Stars falls the same way, but he may be a little more hunched over.
Thanked by:
Nope.
It's the Green Guy.
[Image: cIUPd.png]
Give me my own member group!
--
megazario Wrote:quite amazing good job make up more keep up the good work
plz dont give me a bad point plz for sounding a bit gay here
Thanked by:
The jagginess can be seen, but not limited to these parts:[Image: pxlla3.gif]

By colors, there are pelople that can achieve a better result with less shades (or with a well-chosen colors).
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by:
Also, look at your reference picture more closely. Look at the muscle definition the character has. Clearly he doesn't have noodle limbs like your sprite does.
[Image: IGBanner.png]
Thanked by:
Thank you to Gorsal. I REALLY didn't understand at first, but then I looked at your pictures and started moving some pixels and I think I understand now. I tried fixing it up, and I added muscle (looks worse, to me, since it looks like fat, but I added it anyway) thanks to Kaikimi.

Well, it's here: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/s...eet-11.png
Thanked by: