Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Question about Shining Force Sprite Sheets
I was wondering if the sprite sheets hosted here for shining force have been shrunk from their original size. When I take a print screen and cut the portrait out myself, they have a size of 128x160 however when I look at the files hosted here (for instance Max) the portrait has a size of 48x64. Thanks for your help!
Thanked by:
hm...where did you see the actual size of the sprite? Also, what is this for? I've never heard of this game, so it may help to know where it came from.
Thanked by:
The game is called Shining Force, it's for the Sega Genesis.

As for the actual size of the sprites, you can click on the image in a folder and at the bottom left it will tell you the dimensions of the image.
Thanked by:
Are you using a 1:1 px screen size in your emulator? The sprites on the site are 1 px width and look correct to me. Could you post a screenshot of what you're talking about, please?
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
(01-07-2009, 09:50 PM)Vipershark Wrote: Are you using a 1:1 px screen size in your emulator? The sprites on the site are 1 px width and look correct to me. Could you post a screenshot of what you're talking about, please?

Thanks for looking in to it for me, here are two pictures I ripped from the game with the pink BG and with a transparent BG... am I doing something wrong?

[Image: ShiningForceU_001-1.jpg]

[Image: ShiningForceU_001.png]
Thanked by:
They look the exact same to me, except that these are zoomed in more. Is that the actual size they are in your game or did you zoom in when ripping? I think the ones on tSR are actual sized, but I wouldn't know...
Thanked by:
(01-07-2009, 11:20 PM)Diddy Wrote: They look the exact same to me, except that these are zoomed in more. Is that the actual size they are in your game or did you zoom in when ripping? I think the ones on tSR are actual sized, but I wouldn't know...

Wow I feel kinda dumb now my emulator (gens Kmod) was set to Render double so I guess that means the images I was taking were zoomed in... when I change the render to normal it takes smaller images.
Thanked by:
Aw, I saw "Shining Force" in the title and was all set to help. Looks like you figured it out on your own though.

Are you planning to rip? Cause I have everything done from the first one but NPCs and maps. The second game is almost all free to do though.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
(01-07-2009, 11:35 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote: Aw, I saw "Shining Force" in the title and was all set to help. Looks like you figured it out on your own though.

Thanks for the reply!

Are you planning to rip? Cause I have everything done from the first one but NPCs and maps. The second game is almost all free to do though.

Actually I was planning on doing the NPC and map's.... but I have to figure something out first. Regarding maps, how do I get off screen images such as in towns where you can't go all the way to the edge of the map due to constraints such as walls or ledges?

I wanna have complete maps, if possible.
(01-08-2009, 07:16 AM)Specialt1212 Wrote:
(01-07-2009, 11:35 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote: Aw, I saw "Shining Force" in the title and was all set to help. Looks like you figured it out on your own though.

Thanks for the reply!

Actually I was planning on doing the NPC and map's.... but I have to figure something out first. Regarding maps, how do I get off screen images such as in towns where you can't go all the way to the edge of the map due to constraints such as walls or ledges?

I wanna have complete maps, if possible.
Thanked by:
I'm not sure if there's a "Walk through walls" option, but I haven't heard anything about it. Genesis seems to be light on codes that are helpful to rippers. The experts on the game are over at: http://forums.shiningforcecentral.com/
They would know more about the game's mechanics than me. Personally, I don't think there's a way to see parts of the map that you can't get to.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by: