Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Disney Magic Kingdoms (PC)
I've been tinkering with a Noesis plugin for models from the PC version of Disney Magic Kingdoms (Gameloft BDAE/BRES version 0,0,0,965) for the past few weeks.  The code could be cleaner and it's far from being a complete parser but for every model I've tested it can successfully get the geometry, basic textures, and bones/bone weights (if relevant).  Hopefully someone finds it useful! Smile

Update (2020-09-13): I was messing with this project again recently and have a small update.  Attached is a new version of the plugin that adds the -bdaeapplymeshtransform flag.  If you've ever tried exporting buildings you may have noticed that the individual pieces of the model are sometimes placed at the origin rather than their correct spot.  Using this option will attempt to fix that, but I've also seen it produce weird effects when exporting characters so it's off by default.  Also in the zip is a Kaitai Struct file I started way back when I was working on the original version of the plugin and which I cleaned up / commented more recently.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.zip   fmt_bdae_0,0,0,965.zip (Size: 6.53 KB / Downloads: 757)
.zip   fmt_bdae_0,0,0,965_(2020-09-13).zip (Size: 13.75 KB / Downloads: 626)
First off, I sincerely want to thank you for this. You have no idea how long I've awaited for a tool like this to be able to come out! Smile

[Image: 93410FE089F281AE07F6BB126C38AC49939ED109]

This legitimately made my day! Big Grin
[Image: 76561197999597301.png]
Thanked by: Ton
(06-17-2019, 07:41 PM)The Prawn Wrote: First off, I sincerely want to thank you for this. You have no idea how long I've awaited for a tool like this to be able to come out! Smile

[Image: 93410FE089F281AE07F6BB126C38AC49939ED109]

This legitimately made my day! Big Grin

Can you please tell me how can i rip the models of this game correctly do you have any tutorial?
Thanked by:
(07-06-2019, 02:21 PM)Wichimonchi Wrote: Can you please tell me how can i rip the models of this game correctly do you have any tutorial?

Sure.  There are a couple of steps but it's all pretty straightforward:
  1. Install Disney Magic Kingdoms from the Microsoft Store
  2. Grant your account access to the directory where Windows apps are installed
  3. Navigate to the directory where the game files are stored (it'll be something like
    C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ABCDEFGH.DisneyMagicKingdoms_xxxxxxxx\Assets\data\DLC)
  4. Although the files don't have extensions, everything in that directory is a zip file.  The files we're interested in are common_textures_pack as well as all of the model_*_pack files.  Create a directory wherever you like and extract all of those files into it.
  5. Download Noesis and extract the program
  6. Download the plugin from the first post in this thread, extract the zip file, and move fmt_bdae_0,0,0,965.py into <directory where you extracted Noesis>/plugins/python
  7. Run Noesis, browse to the directory where you extracted the game files in step 4, and start checking out models.  Many of them have sub-models that you need to cycle through with F2 to find the one you want.  When you find a model/sub-model you like you can use File > Export from Preview in Noesis to convert it.  At this point you should be ready to import the file into Blender, 3ds Max, or whatever other 3D package you plan on using.
Thanked by: MarF324B21, giftheck
Really awesome work! Can someone rip the Hiro Hamada from the game? The game and site does not seem to like me being on windows 7.
Thanked by:
(07-06-2019, 11:07 PM)MisterCardholder Wrote:
(07-06-2019, 02:21 PM)Wichimonchi Wrote: Can you please tell me how can i rip the models of this game correctly do you have any tutorial?

Sure.  There are a couple of steps but it's all pretty straightforward:
  1. Install Disney Magic Kingdoms from the Microsoft Store
  2. Grant your account access to the directory where Windows apps are installed
  3. Navigate to the directory where the game files are stored (it'll be something like
    C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ABCDEFGH.DisneyMagicKingdoms_xxxxxxxx\Assets\data\DLC)
  4. Although the files don't have extensions, everything in that directory is a zip file.  The files we're interested in are common_textures_pack as well as all of the model_*_pack files.  Create a directory wherever you like and extract all of those files into it.
  5. Download Noesis and extract the program
  6. Download the plugin from the first post in this thread, extract the zip file, and move fmt_bdae_0,0,0,965.py into <directory where you extracted Noesis>/plugins/python
  7. Run Noesis, browse to the directory where you extracted the game files in step 4, and start checking out models.  Many of them have sub-models that you need to cycle through with F2 to find the one you want.  When you find a model/sub-model you like you can use File > Export from Preview in Noesis to convert it.  At this point you should be ready to import the file into Blender, 3ds Max, or whatever other 3D package you plan on using.
any chance you can give me tianas files? my pc wont let me bypass the windows app folder no matter what I do, I think its because my pcs os was migrated.
Thanked by:
You can find Tiana here : https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArwLWTbj_IVEimqR35Sw...8?e=ZkeEQr

I ripped her my self with the present tutorial (thanks to the owner)
Thanked by: MarF324B21
(04-09-2020, 02:09 PM)Orel67 Wrote: You can find Tiana here : https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArwLWTbj_IVEimqR35Sw...8?e=ZkeEQr

Can Your Rip Ian And Barley From Onward? Its for my brother that really loves Onward, and he will love using these characters
Thanked by:
(04-10-2020, 02:51 PM)funtimef Wrote:
(04-09-2020, 02:09 PM)Orel67 Wrote: You can find Tiana here : https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArwLWTbj_IVEimqR35Sw...8?e=ZkeEQr

Can Your Rip Ian And Barley From Onward? Its for my brother that really loves Onward, and he will love using these characters

I can, I have all characters. But I can't make the pictures for sharing on this site. I don't kwon to do.

[Image: XbWkX.png]
Thanked by:
(04-10-2020, 03:35 PM)Orel67 Wrote:
(04-10-2020, 02:51 PM)funtimef Wrote:

I can, I have all characters. But I can't make the pictures for sharing on this site. I don't kwon to do.

could you just upload them into another site, like mega or onedrive?
Thanked by:
yes I can. But I need to convert them in .obj

Or do you prefer BDAE?
Thanked by:
(04-11-2020, 02:07 AM)Orel67 Wrote: yes I can. But I need to convert them in .obj

Or do you prefer BDAE?
i prefer obj
Thanked by:
here we go : https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArwLWTbj_IVEimssBU4j...q?e=HGtg4o
Thanked by: MarF324B21
Can you rip Mama Imelda from Coco? for obj.
Thanked by:
(04-10-2020, 03:35 PM)Orel67 Wrote: You can find Tiana here : https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArwLWTbj_IVEimqR35Sw...8?e=ZkeEQr

Orel67 Can you post the big hero 6 characters please? Thank you for your efforts and sharing the models! (sorry to post twice)
Thanked by: