Star-Fox Arwing
MY FIRST SHEET

Tell me what you think

[Image: CustomStarFox-Arwing.png]
here you go!

Heres the Alternate sheet!

[Image: ?action=view&current=AlternateCustomStarFox-Arwing.png]
Thanked by:
You need to host it somewhere, such as ImageShack or Photobucket.

(EDIT: The sprites are okay -- they definitely need improvement, so I'll move this topic to Sprite Discussion for now. Hopefully, the other members can give you some advice to make them look better.)
Thanked by:
Lazers don't need outlines because they are like energy. This is some sort of unspoken rule but it works.

Thanked by:
They are nice, especially for a first try!
Well, they could use shading, which you probably need to practice on. Try your hand at it, though, and shade the parts of the Arwing that wouldn't get as much light, like the area between the 2 wings in the back directly above the fire. Also, and lumps that are there should use some shading as well as around the edges of the guns.
Thanked by:
Well, dithering makes the metal look rough rather than smooth and shiny. And I know this is super-trivial, but 'MUST GIVE CREDIT' would be nicer as one line... Tongue
Thanked by:
(01-03-2009, 11:45 PM)Hylianfox Wrote: Well, dithering makes the metal look rough rather than smooth and shiny. And I know this is super-trivial, but 'MUST GIVE CREDIT' would be nicer as one line... Tongue

I was in a hurry
Thanked by:
Don't make excuses.

Take your time when spriting. It often helps.

edit- Nevermind, you were talking about the credit tag. I thought you were talking about the dithering, sorry.

Though I do hate dithering in general, so I don't really like them. Again, the arwings are metal so they should be smooth and not rough looking. Take out the dithering.
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
I think the lines on the wings and front of the air craft is not really neccesary and on the shooters. Instead add shadeing.
Thanked by:
Also make the rocket fire bigger, shade it better and remove its outlining.
Thanked by:
Using a reference could be useful for your sprite...
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

Thanked by:
did anyone look at the alternate sheet? i know you have to click the link but it wont pop up ay other way
Thanked by:
I looked... the normal one looks better. You over-used dithering on the alternate one.

Thanked by:
(01-06-2009, 07:18 AM)nicktheslayer Wrote: did anyone look at the alternate sheet? i know you have to click the link but it wont pop up ay other way
OK i saw it the laser look better but the ship has way too much dithering and it dont look good. Its better off without it.
Thanked by:
(01-06-2009, 01:36 PM)Spartan92 Wrote:
(01-06-2009, 07:18 AM)nicktheslayer Wrote: did anyone look at the alternate sheet? i know you have to click the link but it wont pop up ay other way
OK i saw it the laser look better but the ship has way too much dithering and it dont look good. Its better off without it.

Question Block WHAT IS DITHERING?! Question Block

its on the Alternate AND the original?!

i thought it was the cyan colored lines on it, or mabye you got the sheets meesed up, the linked one is the alternate

[EDIT]

or is it the alternating colors in the pixels?
Thanked by:
Alternating colours of pixel, diagonal lines, knitting... That's what dithering is.
The alternate sheet has loads of dithering.

Thanked by: