Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sonic 2 Artist posts dumps of Development sprites, Should we archive here?
Hey everybody,
just the other day Sonic 2 artist Tom Payne's ‘ancient box with all his Sonic stuff in it’ has been rediscovered and he has given them to a retro video game store owner who was given permission to dump them. (Article with all the dumps: https://megabitesblog.wordpress.com/2019...d-the-box/)
Here's an example of what was found (interesting stuff!):
[Image: enemies.png?w=825]

We probably need permission to add them to the site right? Or should they not be added at all since they aren't "true" rips and most aren't in perfect ratio and have artifacts on them?
Thanked by:
A lot of this stuff looks proto-Sonic 1 (or fan-made) in design, most notably the Pterodactyl thing, if by the way it was drawn.

I've just glanced through the Sonic Retro discussion on it, and it seems legit. Though, my main question would be how to quantify them ought they end up site-side. We know a few bits about one or two of them, but nothing about the rest.
[Image: WatSig.png]
Thanked by: Retro64
I think it’ll probably be handled like the beta Yoshi. The original rips don’t belong to us, and currently only the one rip exists, but if people recreate them for archiving or make customs based on the beta designs, I don’t see the harm.

I’m not speaking for the rest of the staff here. This is just off the cuff.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor