Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Metroid 1.5 2D Thread (It has its own now!)
Question 
Last year, I started developing a Metroid fangame called Metroid 1.5 2D--a game based off of Metroid Prime 2's early concepts--but development stalled. However, I finally started working on it again, and as such, I have decided to give it its own thread--the previous development was tracked on a thread that was originally meant to chronicle Metroid fangame attempts prior to that, which will instead be converted back to its original purpose.

So, what's new?

Quite a bit, actually.

First off, I completely switched the controls over to keyboard--keyboard controls usually aren't as good, but many browsers outright don't support gamepad input in the first place, and furthermore it's easier to get it to work now since you don't need a gamepad.

Secondly, thanks to hamsungkee and Metroid Violinist, Samus and her gunship, respectively, have new sprites--the gunship wasn't originally in the game whatsoever but now is, and Samus' sprites now conflict with the game's graphical style a little less.

Third, the level design is getting a revamp--though the demos previously used a test room anyway.

And last but not least, there's a new enemy--Zoomers--which actually acts properly, unlike the very glitchy Space Pirates from previous development versions, which have been removed for the time being.

Preview:
I'm emotionally feeling a bit better now. I'm sorry to everyone I hurt and/or annoyed by my actions and reactions when I first joined this site.

"If somebody says "This sucks", dont say "Fuck you", say "I'll show you, this isn't even anywhere near as perfect as i can be" and show them you breaking your limits." ~JewyB

Rest in peace, Daniel Desmond Amofah. You shall be missed.
Thanked by:
Development has resumed.
I'm emotionally feeling a bit better now. I'm sorry to everyone I hurt and/or annoyed by my actions and reactions when I first joined this site.

"If somebody says "This sucks", dont say "Fuck you", say "I'll show you, this isn't even anywhere near as perfect as i can be" and show them you breaking your limits." ~JewyB

Thanked by: iyenal
(11-24-2019, 06:59 AM)IsaacRB Wrote: Development has resumed.
More specifically, I'm adding the other beams--and thus beam switching--along with a save system, and refining the existing mechanics.

Thanked by: FormerUser1, iyenal

Some notes:
-Beam switching currently has unfinished controls--right now it's done by holding Scroll Lock and pressing a directional button.
-I tried limiting the fire rates of the other beams like in the main Prime series, but it's glitchy, sometimes temporarily disabling those beams.
-The build shown here lacks a charged Wave Beam.
-The beams are currently incomplete.

I'd like feedback on what possible control schemes might work for beam-switching.

Thanked by: iyenal