Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Zelda Link Between Worlds Models
Hey all,

I recently found Link's model in The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds for the 3DS.

I find LBW's filesystem pretty difficult to look through, especially if your target is character models. So he was pretty difficult to find.
I did manage to find him and convert him, buuut...

His UV maps are very corrupted and I'm not sure how to fix them or if I can fix them.

If anyone wants to take a look at the model or the original BCH file, I have uploaded them here.
The models and textures were converted using Ohana3DS. (Ohana isn't that great for ripping)
If you fix the UV maps and distribute the edited files using this rip, please give me credit.

UPDATE:
Added Zelda, Hilda, and Yuga Ganon's models.
Made a folder of all of the models so far.
Sadly, these textures are also corrupted in some way as well.
Everything I've said above applies to these new models.

I might share some enemies soon. Although, I think they'll be in the same condition as these. 

Link's Model Location:
Directory: /Archive/ActorCommon.szs
Extract the Yaz0 archive, and open up the 0xc2692a4c BCH file.

Zelda, Hilda, and Yuga Ganon's Model Location:
Directory: /Archive/DungeonBoss1.szs
Zelda: 0xd2fd5186
Hilda: 0xef065ce8
Yuga Ganon: 0x3f31be97
Thanked by:
is there anyway to fix the uv maps? No matter how I edit the image files. Nothing seems to fix the uvs.
Thanked by:
I uploaded Ganon and Yuga Ganon for approval, and the UVs seemed okay. Awaiting hopeful submission, unless it's rejected for whatever reason.
Thanked by:
(09-20-2019, 08:33 PM)dalek_kolt Wrote: I uploaded Ganon and Yuga Ganon for approval, and the UVs seemed okay. Awaiting hopeful submission, unless it's rejected for whatever reason.
Did you have issues with the Link model from the download above? The uv maps has a ton of issues. Similar to phantom hourglass model rips. So maybe the model needs patched. Here's how fixed uvs look in blender. The link model isn't working properly.

[Image: ddgolvo-37561d6b-7f38-44b4-9221-819401cb...s-CArzLiP8]
Thanked by:
(09-21-2019, 06:55 PM)dionn1993 Wrote:
(09-20-2019, 08:33 PM)dalek_kolt Wrote: I uploaded Ganon and Yuga Ganon for approval, and the UVs seemed okay. Awaiting hopeful submission, unless it's rejected for whatever reason.
Did you have issues with the Link model from the download above? The uv maps has a ton of issues. Similar to phantom hourglass model rips. So maybe the model needs patched. Here's how fixed uvs look in blender. The link model isn't working properly.

u gotta mirror the UV layout via materials, that's how most nintendo games are, uses mirrored settings.
Thanked by:
(09-22-2019, 01:50 AM)Demonslayerx8 Wrote:

u gotta mirror the UV layout via materials, that's how most nintendo games are, uses mirrored settings.
Is there a way to do that in Blender 2.8? I've been manually adjusting the UVs because when I check out the image settings, my only options for the image should the UV extend beyond the image's borders has been to either "Repeat" (leading to the abomination above), "Extend" (Which isn't much better) and "Clip" (Leaving half the model untextured).
Is there a way to mirror the UV layout without an extensive node setup? I mean I'll do the extensive node setup if necessary, but still.
Thanked by:
(09-22-2019, 09:11 AM)dalek_kolt Wrote:
(09-21-2019, 06:55 PM)dionn1993 Wrote: Did you have issues with the Link model from the download above? The uv maps has a ton of issues. Similar to phantom hourglass model rips. So maybe the model needs patched. Here's how fixed uvs look in blender. The link model isn't working properly.

Is there a way to do that in Blender 2.8? I've been manually adjusting the UVs because when I check out the image settings, my only options for the image should the UV extend beyond the image's borders has been to either "Repeat" (leading to the abomination above), "Extend" (Which isn't much better) and "Clip" (Leaving half the model untextured).
Is there a way to mirror the UV layout without an extensive node setup? I mean I'll do the extensive node setup if necessary, but still.
Wish I could help, but I'm not a blender user, I'm a 3ds max user.
Thanked by:
(09-22-2019, 09:11 AM)dalek_kolt Wrote:
(09-21-2019, 06:55 PM)dionn1993 Wrote: Did you have issues with the Link model from the download above? The uv maps has a ton of issues. Similar to phantom hourglass model rips. So maybe the model needs patched. Here's how fixed uvs look in blender. The link model isn't working properly.

If you're just trying to mirror the UV map itself, you could try mirroring the texture image files instead. That would be equivalent to mirroring the UVs if I'm understanding correctly. The d3d model format has the same problem when converting to obj, and I've just been mirroring the texture files.
Thanked by:

Yes Im having issues with the link above. And, flipping the textures doesn't fix anything. IF its anything like phantom hourglass/ spirit tracks. The user needed to patch the model with the textures. If its similar to the ds zelda models. Mario kart ds final tool can patch player models.

So I'm pretty sure he must have messed up ripping link at some point cause, nothing has fixed the uvs. 
Thanked by:
(09-25-2019, 11:38 AM)dionn1993 Wrote: So I'm pretty sure he must have messed up ripping link at some point cause, nothing has fixed the uvs. 

Yeah, I posted this before I knew Ohana wasn't a good tool for ripping models. If you're willing, you can use the bch files from the downloads to use another method, but the converted files I wouldn't bother with.
Thanked by:
I took a stab at fixing Link by editing the textures themselves, how does this look?
[Image: zkvac26.png]
Also what would you recommend I use instead of Ohana?
Thanked by:
(09-25-2019, 06:45 PM)dalek_kolt Wrote: I took a stab at fixing Link by editing the textures themselves, how does this look?
[Image: zkvac26.png]
Also what would you recommend I use instead of Ohana?
Oooh! That looks pretty nice. 

I hear SPICA's good, but I never got it working.
Thanked by: Ton
If you don't mind, I'm going to upload my Link version too for acceptance.
Hoping it'll get accepted, unless my computer is broken in such a way that Link only works on my version of Blender.
Thanked by:
(09-25-2019, 06:55 PM)dalek_kolt Wrote: If you don't mind, I'm going to upload my Link version too for acceptance.
Hoping it'll get accepted, unless my computer is broken in such a way that Link only works on my version of Blender.

Yeah, I don't mind at all. Just know to be patient when waiting for a response to your submission. Models especially can take some time.
Thanked by:
Flipping the UV Maps or the Textures doesn't seem to be the answer here. It's a little frustrating because when I load Link in SPICA, he looks perfect but after exporting and import to Blender, the entire UV Map problem occurs.
If this were Pokemon, it'd be an easy fix but with this, it's not so easy.
Thanked by: