Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Requesting help figuring out a still-encoded Unity asset
There was a unity3d file I tried to use Unity Studio to view, but it still appeared to be encoded in the viewer's display.

GARbro's viewer didn't work either, but when I tried to extract it with both Unity Studio and GARbro, one came out as a .bytes and the other came out .txt, with fairly different (i.e. not xor-ed) content even though they have the same filesize... I assume Unity Studio did some kind of extraction process on it, since it actually tried to display the content, but I'm not sure how that left it with the same filesize.

Original unity3d file; GARbro's export; Unity Studio export.

If it helps, I also have an older (and smaller) version of the same file, its GARbro export, and its Unity Studio export.

For context: I am 80% sure this should be the asset manifest listing all the filenames for an online game (Kousei Shoujo, a DMM online game that's closing in like four hours - so I probably left this too late to see any help before the servers go down...), since it came fairly early in the downloads and its name was asset_info.unity3d, plaintext unlike all the other files. I also believe that after the correct extraction process is used it *should* give out the asset filenames in either alphanumerics of varying lengths or 32-byte hexadecimals (the latter is how the other Unity assets on the servers are named).

Thanks in advance.
Thanked by: