Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Super Mario Prism - 3D Mario Fangame
[Image: Cr00W6w.png]

The Sprixie princess has been trapped in one of the painting worlds! It is now up to Mario to rescue her by collecting the power stars to restore color to the paintings in this 3D platformer!

[Image: smp1.png]
[Image: smp2.png]
[Image: smp3.png]

Download
[Image: hf_logo_signature_black.svg]
Thanked by: Kold-Virus
Really wow
I am astonished by the graphics quality. Should be named Odyssey 2
I done a project like in 2015, https://www.vg-resource.com/thread-28395.html on Unity but I don't support it anymore, I am sure you can find interesting assets so let me know if you would like to have project files.
Thanked by:
I am a huge fan game supporter and advocate.

Yes I absolutely will play this! I'm looking forward to it! I like the Odyssey-like aesthetic. Smile
I'm an opera-crossover singer undergoing classical voice training and I'm also making Super Smash Bros. Feud.

Discord: kold_virus
Thanked by:
Just played this myself, and I have to say it's quite fun. The quality of the models, textures and even shading is superb. The music even adds another layer (SM64 castle grounds remix!). The gameplay is engaging but still straightorward.

That said, I'd like to provide a bit of constructive criticism: the jump physics seem off (I don't recall being able to "steer" that much in Mario games), but this could simply be a design choice. Next, there is a distinct lack of particle effects (I know, this has nothing to do with the gameplay). It is jarring to collect coins, though, and have them simply vanish without the signature "sparkle" effect, and for the stars' sort of halo or shine effect to be absent. My final minor nitpick is that Mario's movement feels floaty (it may actually be this way in the modern 3D games, I'm just used to SMB3 and the NSMB series) which could be caused by a number of things, like actual gravity (yes, really). The way that SMB3 does it is that while Mario is still jumping, gravity is normal, but once Mario reaches the apex, the gravity is multiplied temporarily (by 3, I think), which makes Mario fall faster, but makes aiming the jumps easier.

These are all very minor things, though, and above all: You made a game, and a fun one at that. Good job!
Thanked by: