Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Games from "Plug and Play" systems
Hey paisanos it's the Super Spriter's Resource Super Show
Uh, I mean it's me.

This has been discussed on Discord multiple times with different opinions but I decided it was a legitimate enough topic to bring over to the forum

Plug'n Play systems typically use their own hardware (unless you're a filthy bootlegger who just stuck a NOAC onto a crappy N64 looking controller) much like arcade games. I figured that the console section could be just "Plug & Play". But, there are consoles like I previously mentioned that are literally just NOAC's. However, some of these consoles have their own special chips in them to make the graphics slightly more advanced. Typical NES games will use a graphics chip called "VT02" while these games that were made by the company "Waixing" use "VT03" that make the games look almost like Game Gear ones.

Now, my question for these is where will they go? Will they go in the NES section because they're basically NES games with enhanced graphics, or will they have to go in the "Plug & Play" section?

The sprite sheet in question.
Thanked by: Ton
I feel a plug & play section makes the most sense.
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Plug & Play since the sprites are exclusive to the plug and play. Just like how the Bowser's Inside Story Remake Sprites go into the 3DS section.
Thanked by: