Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Fire Emblem: Heroes Ripping
Smile 
honestly, i wouldn't make a thread for this if there weren't so dang many units that need updated map sprites. so. here we are! a comprehensive list of all i need to do for this will make everything much easier!

while there are also some other things i will try to update as well, i've found that map sprites are currently the most lacking. thanks to the 3.4.0 update, we now have to redo this whole list. i'll add the rest of the games eventually because really i just need to add e v e r y o n e.

map sprite update progress:

map sprites needing updated icons:

other planned additions:
  • More unused assets
  • Updated portrait sheets for: Leon, Clive, Berkut, Xander (Thumbnail only), Walhart (Thumbnail only), all New Mystery of the Emblem characters, Alfonse and Anna (Thumbnail only)
  • Updated dummy weapons (darken background color a bit, it's rather bright right now)
  • Put maps and level backgrounds into .zips?
  • More sound files.
  • Stay up to date on Aether Keep background/UI/structures, Weapons, Accessories, possibly Home Banners,
Thanked by:
voice progress:

Thanked by:
something interesting: naesala's tex folders in his files include the generic red manakete's dragon form. this could imply that he was the first beast unit to be designed, and the dragon was used as a placeholder before he was completed.

perhaps he was also meant to be a red unit at first, since it does use the red manakete, rather than the blue or green.
[Image: DzPdTJUW0AE_smx.png:large]

in other news, i'm getting close to 50 sheets! this is great progress, although i'm certainly nowhere near the contribution level of some of the other heroes rippers.

taking a small break from graphics to work on sounds, since i can only work on the same thing for so long lol

took me a lot of trial and error since i'm no real programmer, but i wrote a quick ruby file to automatically extract .ckb files for a folder (used ingame for sound) using cricket audio's cktool.

i'll put it here in case anyone wants to help with extracting- the .rb file and the sounds you want to extract should be in the same directory as cktool.exe.

Code:
'cktool.exe'

files = Dir.glob("*.ckb")

files.each do |yeet|
 system("cktool.exe extract #{yeet}")
end

[Image: unknown.png]
Thanked by:
Well, with the 3.4.0 update comes both good and bad. I'm certainly happy we have the Aether Resort, and that I can upload the portraits and maps for the new units before they're really even out, but.....

Every single character now has a new sheet, called "Head_C.png". It's used specifically within the Resort's Inn for when characters are sleeping.

And I'm really not looking forward to the process of individually editing sheets to add it. Ugh.
Thanked by:
Cktool won't work directly on several .ckb files since around the CYL2 update, because the internal sample names for hero voices became Base64-encoded garbage and could potentially include slashes (which would be interpreted as directory separators). For this I had to replace them inside Ruby before the actual extraction:

Code:
#!/usr/bin/env ruby

Dir.glob('*.ckb').each do |fname|
 bin = IO.binread(fname)
 bin[0x48, 0x20] = 'a'.ljust(0x20, "\0")
 IO.binwrite('voice.ckb', bin)
 system "cktool extract voice.ckb >/dev/null"
 File.rename('voice_a_extracted.wav', fname.sub(/\.ckb$/, '.wav'))
end

This suffices for voice files because those .ckb files only contain 1 sample; some sound effect files contain more than one, each with its own internal sample name. I used a more or less identical setup for batch-uploading the voice files to the FEH Gamepedia wiki.
Thanked by: