Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
How to rip Playstation 4 new game?
Question 
I am glad meet you!
Would you do me a favor? I need some help.

I requested a model of Kingdom Hearts 3 in the request forum,
It was still not being analyzed how to rip the new game of Playstation 4.

I am a beginner, I have only set up to make ripping models available in my own environment.
But I absolutely need a kingdom hearts 3 model.
So I want to challenge whether rip by myself.

What kind of software do I need to rip the new game on Playstation 4?
When ripping, connect the PC to Playstation?

if you don't mind, could you help me? 
Thank you for reading.
Thanked by:
So, you are a beginner in model ripping, and yet you want to challenge yourself to do something that no one has been able to do?

Random Talking Bush (who responded to your request thread) is probably one of the most knowledgeable person on the matter, you can trust him.
You'll have to wait, and I'm talking months if not years (I hope I'm wrong but let's be realistic), so please don't come asking this every other day.

Feel free to learn how to rip models until then, especially if you're not familiar with 3D models concepts and terminology.

I don't understand what you mean by "analyzed" or "analyse the ripping method" (in your other thread), please explain me what you imagine this process would look like, I'm curious.

Your best bet for now if you absolutely want this model is to use the photo mode in the game (I heard that it has one) to take as many screen captures of it while it is completely static (I guess photo mode freezes the game and its animations), with the best quality possible, and use all those images to reconstruct the model with a photogrammetry software.

It's not model ripping anymore, but I know it has been done in the past and it's a very exciting topic.
As with any photogrammetry result, you'd have to retopologize properly for most use cases.

Cheers!
Thanked by: Resistiv, Hikari0421
(02-07-2019, 08:59 AM)FabDelb Wrote: So, you are a beginner in model ripping, and yet you want to challenge yourself to do something that no one has been able to do?

Random Talking Bush (who responded to your request thread) is probably one of the most knowledgeable person on the matter, you can trust him.
You'll have to wait, and I'm talking months if not years (I hope I'm wrong but let's be realistic), so please don't come asking this every other day.

Feel free to learn how to rip models until then, especially if you're not familiar with 3D models concepts and terminology.

I don't understand what you mean by "analyzed" or "analyse the ripping method" (in your other thread), please explain me what you imagine this process would look like, I'm curious.

Your best bet for now if you absolutely want this model is to use the photo mode in the game (I heard that it has one) to take as many screen captures of it while it is completely static (I guess photo mode freezes the game and its animations), with the best quality possible, and use all those images to reconstruct the model with a photogrammetry software.

It's not model ripping anymore, but I know it has been done in the past and it's a very exciting topic.
As with any photogrammetry result, you'd have to retopologize properly for most use cases.

Cheers!

Thank you for your reply!
I created a topic for not to persistently ask Random Talking Bush
In the rules of the forum, "Do not repeat the request many times"

And you are right, I am beginner, not even an English speaker,
It would be too reckless for me to rip it myself.
The photogrammetry you taught is too attractive!
Unlike the game of this tutorial, kingdom Hearts 3 can not completely stop the character.
Although it is possible to shoot from more than one in the photo shooting mode, it moves by standby motion by all means.
However, since I want to do whatever I can do anyway I will try this method! Thank you!

BTW,For ripping of Playstation 4, does there exist forums that are talking by Experts?
I searched with various words, but I could not find such a forum.
Experts are now trying to rip, but can not be done because of the severe security?
Is someone currently challenging it? I did not know the current situation and asked a question.
Thank you for your answer.
Thanked by:
(02-09-2019, 03:47 PM)Hikari0421 Wrote:
(02-07-2019, 08:59 AM)FabDelb Wrote: So, you are a beginner in model ripping, and yet you want to challenge yourself to do something that no one has been able to do?

Cheers!

Thank you for your reply!
I created a topic for not to persistently ask Random Talking Bush
In the rules of the forum, "Do not repeat the request many times"

And you are right, I am beginner, not even an English speaker,
It would be too reckless for me to rip it myself.
The photogrammetry you taught is too attractive!
Unlike the game of this tutorial, kingdom Hearts 3 can not completely stop the character.
Although it is possible to shoot from more than one in the photo shooting mode, it moves by standby motion by all means.
However, since I want to do whatever I can do anyway I will try this method! Thank you!

BTW,For ripping of Playstation 4, does there exist forums that are talking by Experts?
I searched with various words, but I could not find such a forum.
Experts are now trying to rip, but can not be done because of the severe security?
Is someone currently challenging it? I did not know the current situation and asked a question.
Thank you for your answer.
Ps4 games are rippable up to games that came out in april, that means most of the newer games can't be ripped(es.kh3, detroit become human etc.) that includes dlc as well.
Thanked by: