Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[Art] Previous' Graphics Stuff
Thought I'd make a topic here to post some stuff.

I guess I'll start with this Wallpaper I made recently. Click it to go to DeviantArt, where you can view a full sized version.
[Image: LOZ__Link_Wallpaper_by_LordPrevious.png]
That's Link, by the way.

Other stuff will follow once I like to... and have some.
Thanked by:
Thats really cool. But Link's face is too squished together. Make his eyes higher up on his head and further apart. If you were to remove the hair and hat, all of his facial features would be too far downa dn too close together.
Thanked by:
I've already thought about that. But I think it's rather a problem of the hat - It's a common mistake I do when drawing such hats, they get way to big, too high. I forget it every time, though.
Was too lazy to fix it here, wanted to get this thing done. May look at it later.

Mr.Ed:
I hope it's better now. Edited the head - smaller hat, face less wide, moved eyes and nose upwards.
Thanked by:
Made a Pikachu Wallpaper. Hope you like it.
Thanked by:
I like the fact you gave Pikachu sharp fangs. I would like him more if he actually had those. Tongue

Nicely done.
Thanked by:
Oh my god that Link has a short skirt and no pants.
Thanked by:
Yes, his tunic (how comes so many people think it's a skirt?) is short, thats intended, but no, he's not wearing no pants. he actually does wear some.
It's bright beige, just as TP Link's is.

Also, thanks for those comments :]
Thanked by:
I think you should make Link's pants grayer instea dof beige as not to confuse them with his legs. I like the pika. But the face seems a little scrunched up to be Pika. Maybe tha t's just your style.
Thanked by:
I guess I should do that then.
Yep. Pants are now grey rather than beige. :ß

PS: I also edited Pikachu: I moved the eyes further apart, hope it's better now.
Thanked by:
You'll laugh at me because I actually looked in my "Collector's Value Guide of Pokémon Trading Cards" to check Pikachu out x)
I think you should make the eyes further apart, the nose smaller and his belly a bit rounder, if I refer to to the Gym Leader's Pack, Lt. Surge's Pikachu LOL (it's worth 4.25$ dontcha know).
Maybe an opposite light source with a different colour could be interesting, and perhaps a colder background colour could make Pikachu stand out more.
I'm pretty much amazed you did that in Inkscape, but then such a vectors program has a lot to offer.
As for the Link wallpaper, you have anatomical issues: the thighs are very long, and Link's shoulders aren't very broad (even though he's a child there, but I'll explain) even for a boy, and for now it looks like woman proportions (narrow shoulders and a wide pelvis). The clothes seem to float around Link's body, so I suggest you think about how the clothes would fall and fold on someone's body (or you could use a LOZ64 artwork of Young Link as a ref, that's well done). The light source is ambient, which is a shame Sad. The eyeliner around Link's eyes is something I don't like, because it makes him a bit androgynous :/. I think you could make the sword's handle have more definition, because it looks like a continuation of the guard.
Anyway... I hope I was of help and looking forward to more stuff!
Good luck!
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

Thanked by:
Sorry, I don't feel like changionf them Very Sad
Also I hate anatomy. Hate. Very Sad
Also Very Sad

Anyways.

Blubb.
Thanked by:
It's cool, but I'd go for stick legs. The mustache could do with a bit more refining.
I think people tend to put their thumb in front of their fingers when clenching their fist, so... only a hint Wink
I'd make his hands and feet bigger too.

Thanked by:
(01-31-2009, 05:56 PM)Chris2Balls [:B] Wrote: I think people tend to put their thumb in front of their fingers when clenching their fist, so... only a hint Wink
I don't. I put my thumb inside my fist. Know what I mean?
Anyways, I edited it slightly... better?
Thanked by:
Okay. I'd make his arms a tiny bit shorter and make his hands and feet a bit bigger.

Thanked by:
Better?
Thanked by: