Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sprite Collage?
Exclamation 
In case the title seems odd, the idea is exactly what the title says: Make sprites using primarily splicing and editing and yet have them look at least half-decent. I'll put down a few ground-rules:
  • To be considered for this thread, the resulting sprite(s) should either use sprites from at least two different sheets, or have a significant change to the original sprite(s). Changing palettes is allowed but does not constitute a significant change. Straight-up edits aren't considered unless a significant portion of the sprite is changed, or duplicated multiple times in the sprite or removed. For example, a straight-up edit to the Big Core MK. I that changes its style to resemble that of a certain game wouldn't likely be allowed, but an edit that incorporates, for example, Big Core sprites from multiple Gradius games, or that changes it to have two core sockets instead of one, would be allowed.
  • It's recommended, but not required, to list the sprites used in the collage. The preferred way to do this is "[what the sprite originally represented] from [game]."
  • If any sprites were either ripped, edited, or created custom by someone who requests credit for ripping/editing/creating the sprites, do so. For ripped sprites, the preferred format is "Special thanks to [ripper] for ripping [sprite(s)]." If the sprites are edited, list the sprite normally and add "edited by [editor]," such as "Big Core Mk. I from Gradius, edited by Ace_Spark." For outright custom sprites, the preferred format is "[what the sprite is supposed to represent], by [artist]." These specific formats aren't required, but crediting anyone who requests it is. It is also recommended to hyperlink to whomever requested the credit, and if custom/edited sprites were used, preferably to the page of the original sheet itself.
  • If a large amount of the sprites used in the collage were ripped/edited/created by the same person, it's recommended to credit them even if they didn't  specifically request it. In this case, the same format for crediting rippers is recommended for these instances as well. For example: "Special thanks to Magma MK-II for ripping the Lizard Core, Crystal Core, and King Fossil sprites."
I'm emotionally feeling a bit better now. I'm sorry to everyone I hurt and/or annoyed by my actions and reactions when I first joined this site.

"If somebody says "This sucks", dont say "Fuck you", say "I'll show you, this isn't even anywhere near as perfect as i can be" and show them you breaking your limits." ~JewyB

Rest in peace, Daniel Desmond Amofah. You shall be missed.
Thanked by: