Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Yugioh Online Duel Accelerator MDL files will not convert.
Hi, I'm fairly new to model ripping and I'm looking for some help. A friend of mine managed to get his hands on 25 character models from the closed game Yugioh Online 3: Duel Accelerator. The problem we're having is the model conversion to a usable format, which are .mdl files that seems to be unsupported by all available options. We've tried the Blender Source tools, Crowbar, even  Noesis, and the mdl simply doesn't open for any of them.

For reference, this is what one of the mdl files (np005.mdl) would translate to in the game.

[Image: GRX6etT.png]

Are there any other possible options we could use to go about this? Having access to all 25 of these legendary duelist models would be fantastic if we manage to get them converted.
Thanked by:
Could you send in a sample file?
Thanks in advance!
Thanked by:
could you upload a sample file?
Hey I'm Mimi! Please have mercy on me, I'm still learning!
Thanked by:
Absolutely! I have the Google Drive link for all 25 models + their textures.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...sp=sharing

And I really appreciate all the help!
Thanked by:
Sorry for the message, just thought I'd check in and see if any progress was made on cracking these files open since the thread's been quiet.

Both myself and various friends have been looking into more methods to rip the mesh data, but so far it's still been unsuccessful.
Thanked by:
I've taken a look at the files, and they contain some human-readable properties and attributes when viewed in a hex editor. However, they use a strange file header (being "4F 33 0D 0A", or in regular text "‰YO3") that seems like it is game-specific (considering the header relates directly to the game's title).
I tried viewing the models in Noesis, but to no avail. Same with the Silent Hill 2 Model Viewer (saw YO3: DA was made by Konami and figured it may have been formatted the same as SH2).
Thanked by:
Yeah, we came to that same conclusion when looking at the file in Notepad software. But I'm quite surprised not even software made for Konami games can open it since SH2 runs on an in-house engine they developed. I'm guessing someone would have to modify either a ripper or the file itself to be able to get these open. Right now, we're looking into the Ninja Ripper route, but it will take a lot of research before we have any concrete results with that.

I do appreciate the insight into the first 4 bytes, I think I can hand that info off to someone and see if changing that would allow access.
Thanked by:
Hi.
Someone want to have one of this model and ask me to look into it.

First, mdl extension just want to say "model", so it doesn't relative to source Engine 's model files.

Here a link to tools to convert yours models (I tested all) into fbx

Hope that could help.

Have a good day.
Thanked by: Resistiv, NutmegSlushin
(04-03-2020, 05:59 AM)Olganix Wrote: Hi.
Someone want to have one of this model and ask me to look into it.

First, mdl extension just want to say "model", so it doesn't relative to source Engine 's model files.

Here a link to tools to convert yours models (I tested all) into fbx

Hope that could help.

Have a good day.

Hi, it's been a while since I checked this thread, but thank you so much for providing these tools; They were exactly what we were looking for! Though there was some confusion with the directions, we got what we needed to and can do the rest from here!

We're currently working on reconstructing the model I was hoping to port and he's looking good!

[Image: 5587b4b4b7d7e3483fc138fd104b67baba0d76a5.png]
Thanked by:
Just a quick update, if anyone is still looking for these models, I was informed that the old link might be dead. I've reuploaded my files to a public Google Drive link so that anyone can acquire them for conversion/rigging.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...sp=sharing
Thanked by: Neostatos4