Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Need help ripping Soda Dungeon sprites
Big Grin 
Alright. So I don't really wanna screenshot Soda Dungeon then refine it and stuff, so I'm wondering if there's another way to do it. I could just rip the raw sprites from the game files, but I also don't know how to do that. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!  Big Grin
Thanked by:
Hi Ɓrainfreze! Below I've provided two methods to extract sprites from the game. Oh, and a quick tip, I recommend using the "For PC" method, as it's a lot simpler. Smile

For Android: I recommend using Apk Extractor, which allows you to extract an APK file (the thing that Android uses to install applications) of the game directly from your device. APK files are usually just ZIP files, and this stands true for Soda Dungeon. So, this allows you to rename the file <Whateverfilename>.apk to <Whateverfilename>.zip. Then, simply unzip the file and go through the contents of the game (psssst; the sprite files you're looking for are in the /assets/img/ directory).

For PC: There's no need to do anything special to the game files, simply get the game from a market like Steam (and it's free!). Then, navigate to wherever you installed the game (if you leave it default on Windows, it can be found in this directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Soda Dungeon) and look in the 'img' directory for your sprites.

Hope this helps, cheers!
Thanked by: Ɓrainfreze
(10-13-2018, 04:23 PM)Resistiv Wrote: Hi Ɓrainfreze! Below I've provided two methods to extract sprites from the game. Oh, and a quick tip, I recommend using the "For PC" method, as it's a lot simpler. Smile

For Android: I recommend using Apk Extractor, which allows you to extract an APK file (the thing that Android uses to install applications) of the game directly from your device. APK files are usually just ZIP files, and this stands true for Soda Dungeon. So, this allows you to rename the file <Whateverfilename>.apk to <Whateverfilename>.zip. Then, simply unzip the file and go through the contents of the game (psssst; the sprite files you're looking for are in the /assets/img/ directory).

For PC: There's no need to do anything special to the game files, simply get the game from a market like Steam (and it's free!). Then, navigate to wherever you installed the game (if you leave it default on Windows, it can be found in this directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Soda Dungeon) and look in the 'img' directory for your sprites.

Hope this helps, cheers!

Thank you so much!
Thanked by: