Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Secure Connection Failed
I'm constantly getting this on Firefox when uploading large sheets now. This just started today. There are alleged "fixes" for this, but they've never worked for me, and clicking "try again" just repeats the problem endlessly.
Thanked by:
Can you elaborate a bit? Are you seeing this anywhere else on the site? How large are those large sheets you're uploading? Can I get a screenshot, preferably with the certificate information visible? Thanks!
Thanked by:
The sheets have been around 100MB (one was about 98 and another was about 103). It only seems to happen when uploading these large sheets. The rest of the site seems fine.
Thanked by:
That's well below the maximum allowed file size so I'm not sure why it's failing. I'm wondering if there's something redirecting you for some reason - it's why I'd really like to see a screenshot containing both the address of the page you're seeing that warning on as well as the certificate that's causing it.
Thanked by:
Okay, I think I've solved the mystery. It's not "this connection's security has failed," it's "this connection, which happens to be secure, has failed." My connection was slow and poor quality, though still there, so while I could navigate between some pages, others would fail to load sometimes (or in some cases, like this one, all the time). I reset my modem, and voila, I was able to upload the sheet.

In other words, this is a personal problem, and has nothing to do with the site, unless other people are experiencing it. Thanks for listening.
Thanked by:
Glad to hear you got it worked out (and also that it’s not an issue on my end)! Thanks for following up!
Thanked by: