Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Sorry for the hassle
Earlier today a group of people decided it would be cool and unique of them to raid tSR.
Things got out of hand when one of our Moderator's (Zee) resigned, and decided to ban a few members. With or without reason, it was rash. The trollers followed suit, acting stupid and creating several alt accounts and posting some rather...disturbing images.
They somehow managed to get ahold of Dazz's account info, but don't fret, we managed to take control of the account back and everything is fine now. If there's anything off about your account, just let one of the Admins know.
I sincerely apologize for the down time, hopefully there will be an Administrator online should something like this happen again.
Thanks for your patience,
~Fret
[Image: tumblr_lctx1p6L3L1qzvjn8o1_500.gif]
Thanked by:
Hmm. Guess I missed all the fun.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
(12-31-2008, 11:48 AM)Tonberry2k Wrote: Hmm. Guess I missed all the fun.

Sure you did. It was a bloody mess all around. Just look, even the ads were messed up. Some people just enjoy to show off their e-pen*
But I'm glad it's finally over.

And no need for apologize, Fret. Stuff like this happens in big forums. There are assholes everywhere.
[Image: MegaEXESig.png]
Thanked by:
I have to admit I liked the whole ~Tuna Unleashed~ thing. Now I feel like changing my name.
Thanked by:
(12-31-2008, 12:07 PM)Tuna Unleashed Wrote: I have to admit I liked the whole ~Tuna Unleashed~ thing. Now I feel like changing my name.
I suppose I could add the tildes back into your username if you want me to.
Thanked by:
I don't believe anyone knows how to look at this whole issue from a neutral standpoint. Everyone either doesn't want to get banned so they stand up for TsR, or they actually make a statement against the modding here and get banned/suspended/whatever.

Frankly, I tried to be as unbiased, but PT seemed to be right 99% of the time, and TsR tried to make up an excuse for what they'd done wrong 99% of the time.

Also, I find it beautiful that some members think that they're the best members in the world and can actually say that the PT members were being assholes. All they were trying to do is make this place better. Would you call someone who donated to a homeless shelter an asshole?

Sure, their methods weren't the best possible ones, but at least they tried.

And, of course, when Zee flipped her shit, they figured if they're going to lose they might as well get some revenge.

Human. Nature.
Thanked by:
I guess since the forum was hacked, it's recommended to change your passwords?
Ngamer01's Portal - Updates whenever.
Thanked by:
Uh, guys, sadly enough I don't have control over people from my own forum. It's not a "PT" thing that this happened, it's members that happen to be a member of PT.

I or any other neutral parties of the forums don't want a PT/tSR rivalry to form up because of this conflict; in fact, I'd rather the two forums get a buddy relationship so that way when our site opens up, we could help each other out.

I apologize for any rash actions that occured from some of our members. It won't happen again.
Thanked by:
Josiah Wrote:Or they discuss things with the moderators and administrators politely instead of being completely disrespectful jackasses.
True, they could've been a ton more polite. But that's just not their nature, and of all people, vets of PT should know that. However, no matter how brutal they were being, they still had the same opinion, and a just one at that.

Quote:Elaborate.
A mod would do something wrong, a PT member would catch them on it, the mod would make something up about why it's completely right that they did what they did, etc., etc.

Quote:No, but I would call someone who says they're trying to help a shelter by being a jackass an asshole.
If that jackass has money/food/whatever, I don't see why it matters if he's a jackass or not.

Quote:Tried? Just because someone "tries" something doesn't mean they're putting their all into it. In other words, they did one shitty job of trying.
They actually did a good job, they were just jackasses the entire time. But jackasses with IDEAS.

Quote:Oh yeah, they're really doing tSR some good by trying to get revenge.
They gave up at that point.

Tyvon Wrote:Uh, guys, sadly enough I don't have control over people from my own forum. It's not a "PT" thing that this happened, it's members that happen to be a member of PT.

I or any other neutral parties of the forums don't want a PT/tSR rivalry to form up because of this conflict; in fact, I'd rather the two forums get a buddy relationship so that way when our site opens up, we could help each other out.

I apologize for any rash actions that occured from some of our members. It won't happen again.

Yeah, sorry about calling them "PT members", I just didn't know of a better name for them. Very Sad
Thanked by:
(12-31-2008, 01:03 PM)Josiah Wrote:
(12-31-2008, 12:59 PM)Solitaire Wrote:
Josiah Wrote:No, but I would call someone who says they're trying to help a shelter by being a jackass an asshole.
If that jackass has money/food/whatever, I don't see why it matters if he's a jackass or not.
Nononononononono. It doesn't matter if you give or contribute to someone in need; what matters is that the giving is actually from your heart (yes that sounds really hippy-like, sorry, it's the truth). Real people in need don't care if they get food or shelter or anything if it's not coming from someone's heart in compassion for them (wow what the heck I sound so hippy right now).

It's the thought that counts!
Hi, welcome to Earth, you must be new here. Smile
Thanked by:
(12-31-2008, 01:08 PM)Josiah Wrote:
(12-31-2008, 01:05 PM)Solitaire Wrote:
(12-31-2008, 01:03 PM)Josiah Wrote:
(12-31-2008, 12:59 PM)Solitaire Wrote:
Josiah Wrote:No, but I would call someone who says they're trying to help a shelter by being a jackass an asshole.
Nononononononono. It doesn't matter if you give or contribute to someone in need; what matters is that the giving is actually from your heart (yes that sounds really hippy-like, sorry, it's the truth). Real people in need don't care if they get food or shelter or anything if it's not coming from someone's heart in compassion for them (wow what the heck I sound so hippy right now).

It's the thought that counts!
Hi, welcome to Earth, you must be new here. Smile
Nononononononono. You speak as if all humans are douche bags. And they aren't. I know.
Who said they were all douche bags? Wink
Thanked by:
Just to remind people, shit happened because they wanted zee and lunyka out. They didn't want to start rivalry with the forum, they just wanted new mods, they just took a huge approach to it.

Also during the banning there was still some unfair bans, Nitram got banned and he didn't even know what was going on, and he got banned before he logged in because someone "assumed" he was part of the raid just because he knows audio. He's still banned too..and he's not the only one that got an unfair ban.
Thanked by:
(12-31-2008, 01:13 PM)Subomi~Chan Wrote: and he's not the only one that got an unfair ban.
R.I.P. Chad. ;____;
Thanked by:
If they didn't deserve it, then they should be unbanned. Period.
Thanked by:
(12-31-2008, 01:19 PM)Josiah Wrote: Yeah, there were a few people who didn't really deserve bans, but that's okay. If they didn't deserve it, then they should understand, and there won't be any hard feelings.
Hi, I'm 1up

I had to make an alt a few days ago so I could tell zee that locking topics before anyone other than him gets a valid point in is bad modding. Then I got banned

So I made another alt to tell him this shit was getting out of hand ,because he had done it to a few other members for the exact same reason. banned.

Then the next day, I was sent a PM saying the admins would discuss what they were going to do with my ban, seeing as apparently one of them didn't think it was just. 2 minutes later, I was IP Banned by Zee, who isn't an admin at all hurp durp

Now tell me, do me and the other members who were unjustly banned, and would have NO WAY of knowing this shit happened, and would just assume the mods are dicks and felt like banning us for being us, without a proxy think this is fair? Are you really that thick headed?
Thanked by: