Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Zero Suit Samus
hey, i'm new here and i wanted to post my custom sprites of ZSS. im still working on it, but here's what i have so far.
i used GoldStud's Zelda and Sheik sprites for a model.
so any suggestions/comments?

[Image: ZeroSuitSamus.png]

and here are some animations

[Image: zssrunyayaah.gif]

[Image: zssshoot.gif]

[Image: powersuitacquired.gif]
Thanked by:
that run is creepy as hell... work on it plz
Thanked by:
This should be in Sprite Discussion. Moving...
Thanked by:
They look good, but I just don't like the run. That last animation was pretty cool to say something positive.
Thanked by:
so what exactly is it about the run?
looks ok to me.... its a little choppy though...
Thanked by:
run looks like its lacking quite a few frames
Thanked by:
good idea but they are right that run needs work but if you keep working you will get it right .

you just need to move the legs a littel bit more and i should be good.

i think
Thanked by:
The run seems to need a few more frames or something, try studying other Metroid sprites or something.
read this magic spell IT'S IN LATIN
Thanked by:
'S good, all she needs is that pink grappling hook/laser thingy weapon and some animations for it and it will be great.
[Image: 14.gif]
Thanked by:
It's not really the fact that the run looks awkward. In fact, I believe the run is somewhat identical to Semi's Justin Bailey Samus' run, and that's because he one-on-oned the running with the original Metroid Fusion sprite. I believe in this case it's no different. The running sprite will come out right, because it has the same running sprite sequences as the original sprites.

And that's where my main gripe lies. The same was with Semi's. In both, the running animation looks a lot like the suited running animation. However, there is a reason why the suited running animation looks that way. It looks really stale, or at least a bit robotic, or stiff. That's because the suit, even though allowing Samus a lot of flexibility, isn't flexible enough to move in any direction Samus wants to walk. Without the suit, she would run differently, more dynamic.

And the holding-at-gunpoint pose looks really weird. Unleaned. People say sprites lean too much in idle animations, this one doesn't lean enough.
Thanked by:
She needs the pink dot on her left boob.

The shading coul be a bit better, as well.
[Image: crosssig.png]
Thanked by:
That's really good!
Thanked by:
GaryCXJk Wrote:And the holding-at-gunpoint pose looks really weird. Unleaned. People say sprites lean too much in idle animations, this one doesn't lean enough.

thats what i was avoiding.... it looks ridiculous when theyre legs are bent when they shouldnt be.... i was aiming to make her legs straight, like she naturally would be, instead of having her legs bent and leany and stuff.
Thanked by:
her um.. *part* needs to be added but not too big and you kind of made her too big
Thanked by:
SlimeBerserker Wrote:her um.. *part* needs to be added but not too big and you kind of made her too big
LOL.
Thanked by: