Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle
Hello there!
Recently i've been trying to rip stuff from as the tite says, Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle.

This has been rather difficult to do so far and there has been loads of issues BUT. I managed to get some things from the game!

[Image: unknown.png]
The models are stored in .MMB files similar to other snowdrop games but only some of them seem to get extracted properly as the Noesis .mmb model importer brings up an error upon opening them.
The textures are stored in .DDS files but whats odd is that their headers aren't in the files themselves, but rather they get pulled from the TOC file.
Even after adding the header however most textures seem to use ASTC compression meaning it currently can't be converted or previewed.

For a bigger list of types i put most of them here.

As for extraction, the tools made for The Division on PC don't work at all with this game.
A "dedicated" tool for it was being made by one of my kind friends and he made significant progress before being hit with "chunk" read errors.
This has put a complete halt to all work for now until he figures out the issue.

The current tool i used to extract the game was a QuickBMS script.
Interestingly that also runs into the chunk issue if you try to extract all of the .sdfdata files at once.
But if you do it one at a time it works(somewhat) okay.
Once it reaches the end of the file it produces a "ERROR: LONG MEMORY FILE" bit of text or something like that.
And because the files are often split up into multiple parts it runs into duplicate file errors too, and using any option other than "skip" or "skip all" produces a "package size decompressed size" error. can't remember the specifics but i can get screenshots later.

I know this isn't 100% related to model ripping in particular but models are the main thing i want to get from this game  Big Grin
Sample files can be provided if needed.
Thanked by:
Hi Cosmic Dreams,
I know this quite an old post, but have you managed to rip some models along with their textures successfully?
Thanks.
Thanked by:
any luck on this? im trying to get some files ripped from sparks of hope
Thanked by: