Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
SSBW Sprites
Okay, instead of creating a bunch of different topics for sprite discussion, I'll create one big topic. As you probably know (or not), I'm making an SSB fangame. Well, All the characters and assist trophies and items and stuff have to be in YI style. If you wanna help make sprites, feel free to. People are encouraging me to finish this game, and the more everyone helps with sprites, the faster I can finish the game. Anyway, also judge other people's sprites if they post any. Here's the list of characters I need. Ask me to do a locked character if you want, I'd rather not post spoilers.
Yoshi
Donkey Kong
Link
Pikachu
Kirby
Samus
Fox
Ness
Captain Falcon
Balloon Fighter
Sonic

I'm already working on Meta Knight (sorry, spoiler). How does he look ATM?

Thanked by:
It looks a little off in my own opinion. After comparing to the Nightmare in Dreamland sprite, all it needs is for the cape to be a little darker and for there to be a little more shine on the right (the side opposite the sword, just in case someone thinks I mean Meta Knight's right) side of the mask. Other than that, it looks great!
Thanked by:
Damn, I forgot the rest of the cape XD
Thanks for the critique. Will work on it. Also, I have Kirby. I think I did pretty well, mainly because he's simple.

Thanked by:
MK's sword needs an extra set of spikes sticking out. His mask should also be a silver color.

Here is a bit of editing I did to it:

[Image: mk.jpg]
[Image: Color1.png]
Thanked by:
i like dark links MK
[Image: balloonfighterky8.png]
those were my balloon fighter edits of luigi
Thanked by:
Hey Dark Link, thanks for the critique, and example. Though as far as I could recall, MK had only 2 spikes on each side of his sword. Though I will admit, I did make his mask too dark.
Thanked by:
Um... you can't find Yoshi sprites in YI style...?
Let's just get one thing straight: My username has NOTHING to do with the Megaman character, Zero.
Thanked by:
Need to work on unifying your colors, right now everything looks separate. Shades mk's hands with the grays of the mask, use the oranges on the sword as highlights on the shoes, etc.

Both reduces overall color count and helps the sprites look like a single subject as opposed to a ball with shoes and a mask pasted on.
Thanked by:
I can do either Pikachu, Sonic or Fox. I probably won't do good with some of the more complicated characters.
Let's just get one thing straight: My username has NOTHING to do with the Megaman character, Zero.
Thanked by:
If you wanna do them, feel free, and thanks. I'm really itching to make Sonic soon, I wanna make him GOOD in this game, because I heard he sucks in Brawl.

Oh, @ this: Um... you can't find Yoshi sprites in YI style...?
Yes, I can, but they need to have fighting poses too.
Thanked by:
I could make some fighting poses for you.
Thanked by:
That's up to you my friend. You're the one deciding to help, so decide which character you want to do first. I'll be thankful for your help. Though as said, I really wanna make Sonic *hint* *nudge*
Thanked by:
then make him
Thanked by:
^Agreed. You can make Sonic if you want. I'll get to work on the fighting poses.
Thanked by:
Thanks. I meant sprite Sonic though because there are no YI style sprites of him. And in all honesty, I'm not good at drawing Sonic characters.
Thanked by: