Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Custom Mario
A Mario sheet I'm working on. Please leave constructive criticism. Smile
If you are me, than who am I?
Thanked by:
The shading looks... okay, but the lineart needs work. The basic shape of Mario's head looks a bit... awkward, plus it seems when he walks his legs get longer and arms get shorter. Also, he seems to get skinnier as he walks. The legs should also be spread out a few pixels.
Thanked by:
Smile 
Thanks Colton, I was never good at animation. Ok, I made the arms and legs stay the same length and also made the back of is head different; hoping that would make it better. Smile
Thanked by:
It's okay. We all start out, we all get better. On the walking animations, I suggest you don't make the legs grow/arms shrink, and you spread the legs out a bit further too.
Thanked by:
Seriously, the head needs to be a LOT fatter and the nose needs to come out more. It's too square and blocky...
Thanked by:
Ok, head = fatter, nose = better position
Thanked by:
The shading is very poor, and the animation needs serious work. Work on the colors, and establish a direct lightsource. But it is an improvement at least.

1,000 POSTS!
Gifts
[ PK - TomGuycott - MoneyMan ]
Thanked by:
Don't work on color until you get the lineart down. It does look much better than before, but it still looks weird. Perhaps his head is too tall, and I think the nose should be bigger, maybe...
Thanked by:
Mario's belly is too flat, it should be at least a little rounder, same with Luigi.
[Image: 14.gif]
Thanked by:
If he were real, he would topple over.
[Image: cIUPd.png]
Give me my own member group!
--
megazario Wrote:quite amazing good job make up more keep up the good work
plz dont give me a bad point plz for sounding a bit gay here
Thanked by:
OK, Belly = Rounder, Head = Shorter. Toppling = What?
Thanked by:
There is almost no change, start out with fixing the shape first. It looks pillowed so I'd establish a lightsource coming from the top right corner. Then use more interesting colors.
Gifts
[ PK - TomGuycott - MoneyMan ]
Thanked by:
OK, I will go to work again. Also which part do you mean when you say there is almost no change? Colors = Better. Light source was already established.
Thanked by:
(12-29-2008, 11:39 AM)Quizzle Wrote: Toppling = What?

I think he said that because his head is almost the same size as his body, if not bigger.
[Image: 14.gif]
Thanked by:
Oh, OK but Mario's head is like that in the games and videos and everything. I think that my sprites are getting better.
Thanked by: