Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Wait time for submitting newly released games
Question 
Soo Chapter Six of Higurashi Hou just came out on steam yesterday and i got it this morning and was wonering if there is a required time i have to wait after a game comes out for me to start submitting stuff to it? Because ive already started digging through the files. Also what happens if an character already has existing sprites on the site but the newest chapter contains sprites for the character the other chapters didn't have? would i still upload them as a seperated file or try to update the existing ones? Big Grin Also i noticed that the ones i submitted from the previous chapters (mainly chapter 1's) are still pending, they've been since may 18th but i know the mods are busy and don't always have time to look at every submission right away. so i won't whine about it too much.
Also known as Aishi.
Agent 3, you may be an annoying dark souls incarnation of a boss but i swear to all things holy and graceful i love you, you edgy son of a blowfish!
Thanked by:
Hmm... If a game is out then I thought it is completely fine to start ripping/submitting any time after the release date. The exception is if the company gives a restriction on how long they can wait until they can be submitted (like what happened to Melty Blood and Undertale) or have rules not to submit.

Then again its a visual/sound novel and something like this can get spoiled. Personally would wait a week for people to play the game however if your rips get into the queue, it's when its done, it's done.

As for your second question. Its up to you but generally its update the sheets.
Thanked by: puggsoy
alright, and with higurashi spoilers arent an issue since the cg's and stuff dont really give anything away, they're mostly just character sprites and backgrounds. and ive already got a few characters ready to be submitted again (ill have to revise satoko and rika since i have them submitted right now but i might need to add new sprites for them since they have some outfits in this one not used before. also, what if im not the one that submitted ones that i would update with more sprites, would i ask the original submitter if i can update their existing zip file and put that both of us submitted parts of it? im new to updating existing sprite files. ive only submitted things that arent on the site yet.
Also known as Aishi.
Agent 3, you may be an annoying dark souls incarnation of a boss but i swear to all things holy and graceful i love you, you edgy son of a blowfish!
Thanked by:
If you are simply adding to or modifying the existing submission, you can just add your name to the submitter field but include the original submitter too. If you've basically re-ripped the entire thing and the original was extremely lacking or bad quality, then you can only include your own name.

If the original submitter is still active (many are not) it's generally good manners to contact them about it, but revisions are moderated by staff just like submissions anyway so it's not necessary.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by: Superjustinbros