Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Ripping from Mario Party 4
This is a completely different game ripping topic focusing on Mario Party 4.

I was hoping to learn how to rip the models from this game I had played since childhood, and the model I am focusing on is the Fat Mushroom Genie of the Lamp. However, I feel like I need the right program to rip these specific models and I hate to have to go play through Story Mode on Dolphin and try to use 3D Ripper DX.

So, if there's a tutorial on how to rip models from this game's files, let me know okay?
Thanked by:
Bump. I went through the File System stuff and found data, dll, mess, sound and movie folders. I’m positive that the models could be found in the data and dll folders, but there all .bin files as far as the eye can see in the data folder and some kind .str and .rel files in the dll folder.
Thanked by:
Hello? Anyone out there want to give me a simple nudge a point to the right direction, pretty please? ?

I wanna learn how to get the T-Pose models of the characters like you guys did a couple of years ago.
Thanked by:
can you post the full filesystem list? like very filename in the ISO?
Once there was a way to get back homeward
Thanked by:
(06-26-2018, 01:27 AM)Raccoon Sam Wrote: can you post the full filesystem list? like very filename in the ISO?

Here is the full filesystem list of Mario Party 4. Below is from the data folder, which I assume that's where all the models are in.

And this is the full dll folder below.

Thanked by:
yeah the data folder looks like a strong candidate
Mind uploading the daisy, daisymdl0, daisymdl1 and daisymot files so I can take a peek?
Thanked by:
(06-26-2018, 11:41 AM)Raccoon Sam Wrote: yeah the data folder looks like a strong candidate
Mind uploading the daisy, daisymdl0, daisymdl1 and daisymot files so I can take a peek?

Sure, but do you promise to give me the details of how to look into these bin files, so I can get to these models?

(I can't seem to upload the files for some reason because the files I'm trying to upload is not allowed for attachments.)
Thanked by:
I can't guarantee anything but it really helps if I can take a look at least. If they're something I recognize or remember maybe I can help.
Try a file hosting site like Dropbox or Mediafire or whatever
Thanked by:
(06-26-2018, 01:14 PM)Raccoon Sam Wrote: I can't guarantee anything but it really helps if I can take a look at least. If they're something I recognize or remember maybe I can help.
Try a file hosting site like Dropbox or Mediafire or whatever

Okay. Got a Mediafire link to the file. Will that help? Let me know when you found something. Or PM me if possible.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/en9g90bp1q...0Files.zip
Thanked by:
Looking at the files in a hex editor, they all seem to contain the string "HSFV037" many times in many places. This is a likely file header.
Googling "HSFV037", I found a BMS script exists for Mario Party 6 BINs (and 7) and I'm lead to believe the same tool can unpack these BINs so you can get individual HSFV037 files out for closer inspection. Surely enough, using the BMS script spits out a large amount of sub-files from the BINs.

I suspect HSFV037 stands for Hudson Soft File version 037, so existing tools made for Nintendo's in-house model formats won't work here (BMD et al).

tl;dr: Format that needs to be cracked is called HSFV037. Can't help you there, sorry.
Thanked by:
That’s okay. I will try the BMS script anyway. Right after I take a little nap first.
Thanked by:
Small problem. More Mario Party 4 Models are out now, and I still can't figure out how to get into the HSF file to get the T-Posed models I require.

I thought using Ninja Ripper and asking lemurboy12 for help would work, but asking for help from him or her wasn't going to do me any good, and Ninja Ripper just rips the model in its in-game pose.

What should I do?
Thanked by:
Maybe work some voodoo magic and learn how to reverse engineer model formats. Not everything in lifr is going to be handed down to you. Not every format is available from the get-go. If you can’t figure something out, try to look up a tutorial instead of complaining. Please stop opening threads for the same topic, because it won’t get you anywhere.
Thanked by: Kold-Virus, lemurboy12
Some games load the models in their T-pose initially and only pose them once the scene is 100% loaded.
You might have some luck by capturing a scene with NINJA Ripper before you actually "see" the models, like, before the screen fade-in or whatever.
Looking at YouTube videos, Mario Party 4 doesn't have explicit "LOADING" scenes, but there's a brief gray screen before a game starts. Try there I guess.
Thanked by: BigBellies
(08-01-2018, 01:02 AM)Raccoon Sam Wrote: Some games load the models in their T-pose initially and only pose them once the scene is 100% loaded.
You might have some luck by capturing a scene with NINJA Ripper before you actually "see" the models, like, before the screen fade-in or whatever.
Looking at YouTube videos, Mario Party 4 doesn't have explicit "LOADING" scenes, but there's a brief gray screen before a game starts. Try there I guess.
Are you sure that will work? Because I had gotten Princess Peach’s model a couple of days ago, and someone or two hurt my feelings when I had asked politely of how they got their models. It’s so obvious. I’m a novice.

I don't know. I'm starting to believe no one believes in me.
Thanked by: Raccoon Sam