Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Honkai (Houkai?) Impact 3rd ripping help
Hi, I'm making my first post to ask for some help ripping models from a mobile game. Houkai (Honkai?) Impact 3rd has been out for about a month, and I kinda want to get the character models from it. Problem is, I have zero experience on getting models from an Android device. Could you guys tell me what software I would need, or--if there's a thread for ripping mobile models already--could you give me a link to it?
I sometimes work with models, but don't expect anything perfect, I'm hardly an expert in it.
(No longer working on ripping the mobile game Honkai Impact 3rd, since they've encrypted their files (unless someone figures out how to decrypt them))
Thanked by:
(04-22-2018, 08:59 PM)Shenanigan Wrote: Hi, I'm making my first post to ask for some help ripping models from a mobile game. Houkai (Honkai?) Impact 3rd has been out for about a month, and I kinda want to get the character models from it. Problem is, I have zero experience on getting models from an Android device. Could you guys tell me what software I would need, or--if there's a thread for ripping mobile models already--could you give me a link to it?

If I found the right game, then it runs on the Unity Engine follow this tutorial.

The game doesn't seem to store the character models in the apk/obb, so it most likely downloads those assets to your phones cache, the only way to extract these is through rooting your android device, or rooting an android emulator.

I found a few props and backgrounds in the OBB tho, nothing really interesting tho.
Main Menu Background Model
Thanked by:
So apparently, my computer won't show the folder for the game (for whatever reason), so I have to send the files to Google Drive through my phone, then to my computer. While I waited, I found out the people who made the game also made a PC version of it. If all else fails, I can use that, however it's all in Chinese so it may take a bit.

EDIT: Actually, do you think it would be easier to go through the PC version? Because I'm downloading an Android emulator right now and I'm starting to think that I might be going the harder route.
I sometimes work with models, but don't expect anything perfect, I'm hardly an expert in it.
(No longer working on ripping the mobile game Honkai Impact 3rd, since they've encrypted their files (unless someone figures out how to decrypt them))
Thanked by:
Alright, good news: I've gotten the models out of the game.
Bad news: There's a LOT to go through here. Half of these haven't even been used in the game yet, afaik.
Not only that, the models' bodies, heads, eyes, and mouths are all separate models, so it may take a while to put them all together.
But other than that, this was a pretty successful attempt, considering that this was my first attempt at ripping models.
Thanked by:
(04-25-2018, 12:09 AM)Shenanigan Wrote: Alright, good news: I've gotten the models out of the game.
Bad news: There's a LOT to go through here. Half of these haven't even been used in the game yet, afaik.
Not only that, the models' bodies, heads, eyes, and mouths are all separate models, so it may take a while to put them all together.
But other than that, this was a pretty successful attempt, considering that this was my first attempt at ripping models.

Don't export them one by one,

[Image: D7YqvuM.png]

use this option to export them to fbx complete with all parts assembled and with bones, you can only see this in the Scene Hierarchy tab

Though you might want to edit the textures yourself like putting the eye and mouth textures on the face texture

Here's a sample model with applied eye/mouth textures and lightmaps:

[Image: uBTbX1J.png]
Thanked by: Andromadajumper
(04-25-2018, 04:55 AM)Haussenkraft Wrote: Don't export them one by one,

(removed img to make reply smaller)

use this option to export them to fbx complete with all parts assembled and with bones, you can only see this in the Scene Hierarchy tab

Though you might want to edit the textures yourself like putting the eye and mouth textures on the face texture

(removed this img as well)

Wait, it builds them when they're exported? In that case, that'll make this a whole lot easier. Thanks for telling me!
Thanked by:
(04-25-2018, 12:27 PM)Shenanigan Wrote:

Wait, it builds them when they're exported? In that case, that'll make this a whole lot easier. Thanks for telling me!

That's why my tutorial says to use the scene hierarchy to export the model, also the latest version of AssetStudio(Previously UnityStudio) let's you right click the mesh you're previewing and jumping to where it's at in the scene hierarchy EXAMPLE, once there find the parent "Folder" select it EXAMPLE,  and go to Model > Export Selected Objects, and as stated in the tutorial you can also just do Model > Export All Models (Split) and look through them for the model you want with Noesis
Thanked by:
Shenanigan

Hi, I from Malaysia Penang, I work as a application developer and web developer and I was interesting in study the honkai impact how to rip the model and so on, can you leave a contact for discussing? my contact email: [email protected]
Thanked by:
(04-25-2018, 04:55 AM)Haussenkraft Wrote:
(04-25-2018, 12:09 AM)Shenanigan Wrote: Alright, good news: I've gotten the models out of the game.

Don't export them one by one,

[Image: D7YqvuM.png]

[Image: uBTbX1J.png]

Hi man. I downloaded the assets of that game, but unfortunately I'm a newbie and I don't know how to join the texture and lights to get a result similar to yours. I would appreciate your help.
Thanked by:
since update 2.7 I've been unable to obtain ANY assets at all anymore, other than the loading-in elevator and front desk.
how did you obtain the Assets? where? what file/folder did you look into?
please give me some help! (Also, the current version is 3.6 right now)
Thanked by:
(12-28-2019, 06:53 AM)Mended Wrote: since update 2.7 I've been unable to obtain ANY assets at all anymore, other than the loading-in elevator and front desk.
As i understand, all character data before was in .assets files. Now they are not. I spend a lot of time to figure out where they are, aaand i think we have troubles. I ran PC version with ProcessMonitor, and every time game loading character model, it turns to the folder Very Sad\Honkai Impact 3rd\Games\BH3_Data\StreamingAssets\Asb\pc. All files there have .unity3d extension, and i can't open them with any rippers or unity engine itself, so i guess they are protected with some prog like "Obfuscator". I will be happy to be wrong. So, i think there are two ways to do the thing - somehow unpack .unity3d (i heard that "Obfuscator" can do it), or rip scene with ninjaripper or else, and repose frozen model to T/Arrow-pose with blender or else. Again, i will be happy to be wrong, as i complete newbie to unity things and all of that based on my internet research.
Thanked by:
(12-29-2019, 06:10 PM)K1rsan Wrote:
(12-28-2019, 06:53 AM)Mended Wrote: since update 2.7 I've been unable to obtain ANY assets at all anymore, other than the loading-in elevator and front desk.
As i understand, all character data before was in .assets files. Now they are not. I spend a lot of time to figure out where they are, aaand i think we have troubles. I ran PC version with ProcessMonitor, and every time game loading character model, it turns to the folder Very Sad\Honkai Impact 3rd\Games\BH3_Data\StreamingAssets\Asb\pc. All files there have .unity3d extension, and i can't open them with any rippers or unity engine itself, so i guess they are protected with some prog like "Obfuscator". I will be happy to be wrong. So, i think there are two ways to do the thing - somehow unpack .unity3d (i heard that "Obfuscator" can do it), or rip scene with ninjaripper or else, and repose frozen model to T/Arrow-pose with blender or else. Again, i will be happy to be wrong, as i complete newbie to unity things and all of that based on my internet research.
I don't think the files are obfuscated now, many people are able to rip those models (https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/78842165) but i can't figure what is the problem with 3.6 version, unfortunately those people doesn't share the assets neither the knowledge (rip scene may cause a ban for your account so I don't recommend to use it).
Edit: 3.6 files where encrypted, but is possible to decrypt those files using a decryption tool, after that is possible open those files using asset studio. If anyone know any good decryption tool would help us a lot. source (https://www.deviantart.com/uma2517/journ...-817186962)
Thanked by:
I found new Information related to 3.6v encryption, (https://blog.palug.cn/2460.html) in this forum you can find the decryption method for those files. Unfortunately my knowledge related to this topic is almost zero. If anyone knows anything about this would be awesome.
Thanked by:
(02-10-2020, 03:07 PM)GaryuX Wrote: I found new Information related to 3.6v encryption, (https://blog.palug.cn/2460.html) in this forum you can find the decryption method for those files. Unfortunately my knowledge related to this topic is almost zero. If anyone knows anything about this would be awesome.
did you solve it? I'm also looking for information about that
Thanked by:
(02-21-2020, 02:12 AM)zerotaku5123 Wrote:
(02-10-2020, 03:07 PM)GaryuX Wrote: I found new Information related to 3.6v encryption, (https://blog.palug.cn/2460.html) in this forum you can find the decryption method for those files. Unfortunately my knowledge related to this topic is almost zero. If anyone knows anything about this would be awesome.
did you solve it? I'm also looking for information about that
Sadly no Sad my decrypton knowledge is really limited.
Thanked by: