Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Yo-kai Watch: Wibble Wobble - Random Files
Hello!
I'm no ripper. I had my own reasons for ripping these files.
However, I've stripped a lot of assets from Yo-Kai Watch Wibble Wobble and I thought I'd share them here.
I used the "general ripping" board because there are models, textures, sprites, and sounds.
As well as Wibble Wobble, I've thrown in some models from Yo-Kai Watch Land and Youkai Watch Taisou. 
I hope someone finds these useful.
Since I don't do this sort of thing often, I probably won't be around much and I've tossed the files onto a free service called ExpireBox so don't hesitate to grab them up.

Files: 
https://expirebox.com/download/57cfd754b...8f0b3.html

Again, I hope someone finds these useful.
Heck, if anyone wants to fix them up or whatever and upload them, feel free to take full credit, I really don't care so long as these assets get shared around and become available to everybody.
Thanked by:
Mind if I ask how you were able to rip these? Because I've been meaning to get at them myself for quite some time now. Unsure
[Image: 76561197999597301.png]
Thanked by:
(04-03-2018, 12:30 PM)The Prawn Wrote: Mind if I ask how you were able to rip these? Because I've been meaning to get at them myself for quite some time now.  Unsure

I ran Wibble Wobble on Nox emulator, ripped them using Ninja Ripper, then converted them from ".rip" files using Noesis running a plug-in. Using this method, I could only rip yo-kai that I've seen or befriended, though. Haven't had much luck with the UVs, either. The textures are in the zip folder but whenever I try to apply them they end up pretty messed up. Like I said, I'm not a ripper, and I don't plan to do much of it beyond this, I just like Yo-Kai Watch and wanted to play around with the assets.
This is the tutorial I followed, with a link to the Noesis plug-in in the description. 
The app closes for good at the end of May, so I'm hoping to rip more assets before then, but I doubt I'll be able to.
Thanked by:
(04-04-2018, 08:24 AM)CPT Kaibyo Wrote:
(04-03-2018, 12:30 PM)The Prawn Wrote: Mind if I ask how you were able to rip these? Because I've been meaning to get at them myself for quite some time now.  Unsure

I ran Wibble Wobble on Nox emulator, ripped them using Ninja Ripper, then converted them from ".rip" files using Noesis running a plug-in. Using this method, I could only rip yo-kai that I've seen or befriended, though. Haven't had much luck with the UVs, either. The textures are in the zip folder but whenever I try to apply them they end up pretty messed up. Like I said, I'm not a ripper, and I don't plan to do much of it beyond this, I just like Yo-Kai Watch and wanted to play around with the assets.
This is the tutorial I followed, with a link to the Noesis plug-in in the description. 
The app closes for good at the end of May, so I'm hoping to rip more assets before then, but I doubt I'll be able to.

Oh, so you used Ninja Ripper then. I was hoping that there was some way to import them with their rigging, like getting the .obb data file for it, and then trying to rip the models from there.

I understand you're not a ripper, so a lot of what I said won't make sense to you. It'd be nice if someone would be able to provide a proper way to obtain an .obb of Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble, as I've tried to get it myself countless times, but to no avail... Sad
Thanked by:
Yeeeeh sorry about that. Without their rigging some of them are total trash, too. Like the Jibaclones all have their twin tails merged together n'stuff. I didn't get what I wanted out of it, either. 
It's really hard to find details on ripping app assets 'cuz everyone's all like "well, just unzip the APK and that's everything!" Except, no, 'cuz most of it's in obscure file formats like ".ez" and ".m4". I'm pretty sure most of the assets aren't even part of the APK, I think they're server-side.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 
Thanked by:
That's what I meant in terms of getting the .obb since it's Server-side. Though judging by how it seems like shortened formats for the files (i.e. .m4 might be an .m4a that's compressed weirdly of the sort), it may or may not take much decrypting to see if they'll be able to work. I'll ask around with my other game ripping acquaintances to see if they can help!
Thanked by:
(04-04-2018, 03:02 PM)The Prawn Wrote: That's what I meant in terms of getting the .obb since it's Server-side. Though judging by how it seems like shortened formats for the files (i.e. .m4 might be an .m4a that's compressed weirdly of the sort), it may or may not take much decrypting to see if they'll be able to work.  I'll ask around with my other game ripping acquaintances to see if they can help!

Do you think this would be of any use?
https://forum.xda-developers.com/android...k-t3763055
Thanked by:
the expirebox link only goes to a chatroom, i wanted to see if the models were actually the same as the yokai watch world ones but i cant seem to get the files from your link
Thanked by: