Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Section for handheld LCD games?
Hi, I was wondering if the site admins would consider making a section for handheld LCD games if I were to submit any sheets. I used to have a huge Tamagotchi obsession several years back and not too long ago I made a few sprite sheets hoping to one day make them public. I did the same with those Digimon digivice virtual pets (the small screen US editions unfortunately).
Thanked by:
When you submit a new game you can specify the system to which it belongs.
[Image: lhjFt57.gif][Image: sX7JK6W.gif][Image: 4BB3IOO.gif][Image: qHY3ZCP.gif][Image: oCiv6RT.gif][Image: RNSMdiR.gif][Image: gx5wm3G.gif][Image: ld7rSgS.gif]
Thanked by:
I would also enjoy seeing more LCD handheld rips; we have VMUs, after all. Just as appealing.
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by:
Tamogatchi and VMU rips would be awesome Smile

But yes, as mentioned, you can create the section yourself when you go to submit the game. To be fair, I guess we don't really make this feature obvious but you can go to any existing console, click on Add New Game, and then change the dropdown at the top to "New Console" and specify the name directly.
Thanked by:
For Console name would "LCD games" work?
Thanked by:
I feel like "LCD Handhelds" would likely make more sense but let's wait for some other feedback.
Thanked by:
Tiger Handhelds can be emulated?!
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
Wouldn't mind seeing those rips, sure the graphics are basic but it has that charm. LCD Handhelds sound fine to me since there are so many of them and only a few are grouped (e.g Game & Watch, Tiger R-Zone, etc).

(04-05-2018, 01:13 PM)Ton Wrote: Tiger Handhelds can be emulated?!

Yep. The recent versions of MAME can emulate those, Game & Watch and various stuff like that but with those...

The graphics are redrawn to be as close to the original while the background is a high resolution scan of the original that makes them being included on tSR a bit tricky. What makes them emulatable is that there is a processor inside. Still it is nifty to see.
Thanked by: Ton
(04-05-2018, 02:12 PM)Yawackhary Wrote: Wouldn't mind seeing those rips, sure the graphics are basic but it has that charm. LCD Handhelds sound fine to me since there are so many of them and only a few are grouped (e.g Game & Watch, Tiger R-Zone, etc).
I'll go for "LCD Handhelds" then, when I get around to it...
There's something oddly satisfying about copying those giant black pixels surrounded by grids onto the tiny computer pixels, giving the character a much "smoother" look, even if they do look much smaller.
Thanked by:
(04-05-2018, 02:12 PM)Yawackhary Wrote: Wouldn't mind seeing those rips, sure the graphics are basic but it has that charm. LCD Handhelds sound fine to me since there are so many of them and only a few are grouped (e.g Game & Watch, Tiger R-Zone, etc).

(04-05-2018, 01:13 PM)Ton Wrote: Tiger Handhelds can be emulated?!

Yep. The recent versions of MAME can emulate those, Game & Watch and various stuff like that but with those...
They have also recently been added to the Internet Archive to play directly on the browser.
[Image: lhjFt57.gif][Image: sX7JK6W.gif][Image: 4BB3IOO.gif][Image: qHY3ZCP.gif][Image: oCiv6RT.gif][Image: RNSMdiR.gif][Image: gx5wm3G.gif][Image: ld7rSgS.gif]
Thanked by:
Oh yes! Some love for the Digimon V-Pets on this site! Big Grin
Thanked by:
(04-02-2018, 06:25 AM)MasterPengo Wrote: Hi, I was wondering if the site admins would consider making a section for handheld LCD games if I were to submit any sheets. I used to have a huge Tamagotchi obsession several years back and not too long ago I made a few sprite sheets hoping to one day make them public. I did the same with those Digimon digivice virtual pets (the small screen US editions unfortunately).

It's honestly really cool to see LCD Game rips. I hope to see Pokemon Mini rips.  Wink
Thanked by:
(07-02-2019, 12:35 AM)AndyAwesome135 Wrote:
(04-02-2018, 06:25 AM)MasterPengo Wrote: Hi, I was wondering if the site admins would consider making a section for handheld LCD games if I were to submit any sheets. I used to have a huge Tamagotchi obsession several years back and not too long ago I made a few sprite sheets hoping to one day make them public. I did the same with those Digimon digivice virtual pets (the small screen US editions unfortunately).

It's honestly really cool to see LCD Game rips. I hope to see Pokemon Mini rips.  Wink

We already have those. Pokemon Mini doesn't have pre-printed graphics, and has been emulated since they reverse-engineered the official emulator contained in Pokemon Channel. Unless you're talking about the Pocket Pikachu games...
Thanked by: