Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Iconoclasts Ripping Project
I'm not lessening the Comprehensive Sonic Ripping Project by any means, but I've gotten really into the Iconoclasts game and desired to rip that, too, under the same rules I've applied upon the CSRP, but without the layers and VDP, it'll take just a fair bit longer, not to mention how sprites are at double size upon extraction.

With that in mind, I'm open to others getting in on this projects, with certain, non-negotiable rules:
1. Sprites ripped must be contained in a clean, 24 color BMP master file for palette perfection.
2. Examples and final sheets must be saved as a PNG file, and only once. Want to save that file again? Go back to the BMP master file and 'save as' again. I am not cleaning up after palette mistakes when I've already got enough of my own things to do.
3. Much like all of the backgrounds and foregrounds in Sonic 3 & Knuckles, they are not static objects! Ensure that you tear apart the parallax and include any underwater effects, heat haze effects or other such effects that occur on either -ground.

Here's an example of sprites from the game, cleaned up. We have a couple of nameless NPCs (the lady caught my attention, go figure, but her animation was so cute) whose animations are in the process of being taken, and one idle stance frame of the protagonist, Robin, the rest of whose idle animation I'm working through.

[Image: Example_Rips.png]

And now, I'm going back to play it some more.
[Image: WatSig.png]
Thanked by: [email protected]
I get the feeling you're going to need to rip this from the data for efficiency and completeness sake. I'd imagine there's a LOT of animations in a game like this.
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
(03-05-2018, 03:24 PM)Dazz Wrote: I get the feeling you're going to need to rip this from the data for efficiency and completeness sake. I'd imagine there's a LOT of animations in a game like this.

Working on it, cap'n. The files appear as "File" with an unspecified extension at the minute, but looking into it. I am definitely sure some can be acquired through toying away from overlapping scenery, even if it takes longer that way around.
[Image: WatSig.png]
Thanked by: