Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
D.S.
[Image: ds-2.png]
-2 new rooms
-Oxygen Meter that will be used for certain parts of the game
-Rats infected with a disease(if you make contact, you must completely release your current breadth of air, costing you 25% or 25 seconds of air
-All ammo/item cache's are slightly red to contrast the greenish-hued background, a single bullet is 3 bullets for a pistol, a set of 3 is 9 for a submachine gun
-Note: I'm trying to play around with light a lot in this game, to create a real effect of darkness, of fear/relief. Ex.".....phew....light room" Ex. 2: ".....AW CRAP! Dark roooomm!...What the hell is that dot moving around?!"
-Added some gun animations for the pistol and SMG
-Walking animations for the main char/creature of unknown origin
-Intro scene at beginning of game (Main char and his son, daughter, and wife)
-Decided the game's gonna be at 3x, big enough to actually be scary, not too big that it becomes hard to read.

In this case, its a Sci-Fi Survival-Horror Run-and-Gun/Adventure 2D Platformer *inhales* called D.S. (short for "Decompression Sickness") about a deep-sea colony that's been cut-off for 50 years from the outside world, until one day when suddenly a strange series of mysterious events occur, in which the air-supplies are cut off, there are breaches from the ocean(water's pouring in), the nuclear generators powering the colony are leaking radioactive waste and all electrical and technological functions are shutting down. Many people die, the only only known survivor is a 40-year old man who is in search of his wife and children, who he can't find. He is forced to leave the colony and return to the surface world, where, to avoid Decompression Sickness(or "The Bends"), he must wear a DS Helmet that pumps pure oxygen to counteract the 70% Nitrogen in the air to survive long enough to find his family. He finds himself in a place where theres something seriously wrong. Many thoughts are going through the main char.'s head as he wonders whether this was a terrible disaster or intentionally planned by unknown forces.

He has no weapons, he's not trained for combat, but is faced with a slew of mysterious creatures or humans or entities, no one knows for sure.

*ahem* Anyways, as you can see in the image, theres a mostly tile-based structuring, even though the setting would appear otherwise.

The gameplay has a more thinking-based direction. For example, theres a parachuter who mysteriously crashed into the building and got caught in an electrical wiring, which you can reach by going to the circuit-breaker and shutting it off.

Also, 2D Horrors are hard to make because the enemies are always set, and so, alot of enemies will actually pop out of crevices, vents. Sometimes, nothing but their eyes will show as they walk in front of a dark background of the same color.

In terms of art style, I want something monochromatic with a few shades that pop out in different places, including, of course, the Main character's blue-shaded figure.

(Probably to be played in 2x or 3x, that is, of course, if it were to actually be made into a game. I do these for fun but know nothing of programming or actually making games, even though I have concepts fully-contructed, if you know anyone, or are interested yourself into turning it into something official, by all means, do let me know)

-Thankies. Smile
Got one. Smile
***Read-Team Yoshi-***
Thanked by:
*bump* :o
Got one. Smile
***Read-Team Yoshi-***
Thanked by:
Oh mah gawsh.
This is really something, p. creative, too.
Nice job, yet again.
[Image: cIUPd.png]
Give me my own member group!
--
megazario Wrote:quite amazing good job make up more keep up the good work
plz dont give me a bad point plz for sounding a bit gay here
Thanked by:
Progress so far on D.S:

[Image: ds-1.png]

-2 new rooms
-Oxygen Meter that will be used for certain parts of the game
-Rats infected with a disease(if you make contact, you must completely release your current breadth of air, costing you 25% or 25 seconds of air
-All ammo/item cache's are slightly red to contrast the greenish-hued background, a single bullet is 3 bullets for a pistol, a set of 3 is 9 for a submachine gun
-Note: I'm trying to play around with light a lot in this game, to create a real effect of darkness, of fear/relief. Ex.".....phew....light room" Ex. 2: ".....AW CRAP! Dark roooomm!...What the hell is that dot moving around?!"

Its just so fun to make the levels for this. So easy and really gets your creative juice flowing.
Got one. Smile
***Read-Team Yoshi-***
Thanked by:
Big Grin 
*much needed bump*

[Image: ds-2.png]
+Added some gun animations for the pistol and SMG
+Walking animations for the main char/creature of unknown origin
+Intro scene at beginning of game (Main char and his son, daughter, and wife)
+Decided the game's gonna be at 3x, big enough to actually be scary, not too big that it becomes hard to read.

If you read the backstory, you'll understand how this is a sad scene.
Got one. Smile
***Read-Team Yoshi-***
Thanked by:
Reminds me of a modern day G&W
[Image: randomimage.cgi]
Thanked by:
This looks interesting.

Anyways, the arm he's streching towards his wife seems to be a bit too long compared to the other arms.

I like those light effects :]
Thanked by:
Why is his hand on his wife's boobs?
[Image: randomimage.cgi]
Thanked by:
cause he knows what he likes
Got one. Smile
***Read-Team Yoshi-***
Thanked by:
This is lookin' mighty interesting. I hope you'll update more often Tongue
Thanked by: