Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Viel -Ripping Project/Organization/Resources
Information 
As far as I know, Model ripping for this game has been very, VERY hard. There were a few QuickBMS scripts but they only convert the collectibles such as the dreamstones, Any of the characters and level geometry pieces end up as a mess of polygons that are indistinguishable. The only real way of ripping that I know that has worked so far is using older versions of PCSX2 and screencap ripping with a program which I can't remember the name of right off the bat. And even then they had to edit the "screencapped" geomatry and stretch it out as it starts off distorted once you first get it.

I'd really like to have models of the main cast if anything. (Klonoa, Lolo, Popka, Leorina, Tat)

Has anybody around here been trying to work at the weird encryption the models have? I know the QuickBMS script exports them as 3DSMax files but not only does that script not work properly ((apparently it was never even finished)) but it exports all the models as these messed up glorbs to the point they are all unreconizable. The only models that are exported properly are the dreamstones, the main collectibles of the game.

[Image: unknown.png]

There is also a different script by aLuigi himself which just exports all the raw data from the KLDATA.bin, although for each model they all have no proper file extension and there's about 7 different files per model:

I have asked for the assistance of RandomTalkingBush and am willing to commission him to properly convert/fix these (or manage to finish up this unfinished script) but that won't be until a later date and if these models still aren't available in like 2 years or so, Nevermind it will probably cost quite a bit considering how hard PS2 stuff is.

I'm uploading the data right now, The fucked up/garbage-exported models and the extracted raw data itself. If anyone can happen to look into this or give some info on them, it would mean a lot not only to me - But the entire Klonoa community. Not straight up requesting as I have a thread still in the requests section ((although it's necro at this point)) and I'm merely asking if someone can look into these files I extracted using said scripts and see if they can make anything out of it. Klonoa 2's format has been unknown for a long, long time.  I know a friend who screwed around with one of the garbage-exported models from the unfinished .3ds conversion script and does have a T-posed Klonoa model ((although it has no proper UV maps or anything though from what he told me.))

http://www.mediafire.com/file/x4q5fdadd9...awdata.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/file/9uqvl4bayr...els%29.zip
Thanked by:
I would probably ask to move this to requests if I can get my original (vaguely descripted) request threat deleted and replaced, It's not letting me delete it for whatever reason and I don't want to necro it and risk a warning...

Anyways, I heard about NinjaRipper and that my "friend" I mentioned didn't use the unfinished conversion script for QuickBMS for getting Klonoa's model, but actually used NinjaRipper. Only issue I'm having is I can't seem to get NinjaRipper .rips to import properly in Blender, at all. I've tried multiple different addon scripts and I'm only able to use Noesis to view them, which itself isn't helpful as I can only view one .rip file at a time and can't import them all together like my friend told me he did, meaning I am left with bits and pieces of models.
He says you are supposed to import all the multiple .rip files all at once (in 3dsMax, which I don't have and the one experience I had with it bloated my harddrive with extra extensions) but Blender hasn't given me any results with any of the addon scripts, they all appear invisible when imported.

Is there any script someone can reccomend? Otherwise I'm gonna try moving onto the old "screenshot" ripping method from older versions of PCSX2.
Thanked by:
Wow, Klonoa 2 is one of my favorite PS2 games! I wish gooooood luck with models ripping (especially I'm waiting for Tat!) Wink
Thanked by:
[Image: DVFwgSeU8AA6xqN.jpg:large]
So I actually managed to get a hold of Lolo's model through the old PCSX2 screenshot ripping method. No UV maps but it's a start, removing the distortion is a huge pain though.
Thanked by:
Good to see there's still a bunch of people trying to rip from Klonoa 2.
I've tried ripping it long time ago, hard as hell. Only thing I was able to get was textures through TiledGGD.

Thanked by:
Alright im gonna say screw digging through the iso and just going to try to use the screenshot method because i was able to pull leorina's model with somewhat intact/mostly intact uv's as shown in this image, but i lack her textures and tex mod just rips them as individual images and its a pain to get them all fixed and set up, im desperately seeking her textures plus the textures for klonoa's wind ring and gloves seeing as the texture for him on the texture's resource appears to lack them from the looks of it.  here's the image of leorina's uv's, if anyone wants the king of sorrow let me know and i will try to convert a save file i found so i can access him with ease. Also im currently working on pulling out klonoa but his uv's are scaled beyond hell so he's going to take a bit longer, im going to be on vacation until the 16th, so i will not be on as often until then either but when i am on it will mostly be late at night like anywhere from 9pm to 1am at most [Image: QvonWhIBRL6p-SWEMrvtWQ.png]
Also known as Aishi.
Agent 3, you may be an annoying dark souls incarnation of a boss but i swear to all things holy and graceful i love you, you edgy son of a blowfish!
Thanked by: SuperMario123311
[Image: unknown.png?width=384&height=474] BEHOLD, shes not perfect but its pretty decent Big Grin i think her feather and the brooch didn't rip properly though, the brooch is just a plane but it still looks pretty nice, the feather was inside her hat for some reason and a 2-piece bent plane, a pain to uv as well xD
Also known as Aishi.
Agent 3, you may be an annoying dark souls incarnation of a boss but i swear to all things holy and graceful i love you, you edgy son of a blowfish!
Thanked by: SuperMario123311
Oh my goodness! Congratulations and thank you so much, You are essentially doing god’s work. X3 The coloring looks a bit off but I think that has to do with the way the textures work, as they seem to have multiple shader “layers” (more notable with Lolo’s skin textures that I dumped. Several duplicates in different various differen shades)
Thanked by: Shinigami_Guntz
Yeah, she needs a bit of clean up too, this was my first true attempt at doing this, i seem to have trouble with klonoa though, because everytime i get his model there's parts of the uv's that still end up skewed all over the place. i may use ninja ripper for him and do what i can. But i might try the king of sorrow to, i can dump his textures and stuff once i finally get the darn save converted. which im hoping i can do soon.
Also known as Aishi.
Thanked by: