Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sprite Rips for Love Nikki?
Neutral 
Hello! I'm new to this forum, but I've been using Spriter's Resource for a few years now. I've recently gotten myself addicted to a mobile game called Love Nikki (Miracle Nikki in other languages), and am wanting to make sprite edits of it. However, the sprites aren't on the website and I have no clue how to rip them myself, since my expertise is really only in editing here and the only tutorials I can find are outdated, for Android (I'm using ios), or make me scared that I'd do something wrong and break my phone doing it. Is there any chance someone with the knowledge I lack would be willing to extract the sprites from this game, or at least talk me through it?
Thanked by:
You can open the game's ROM with WinRar, that's valid for both ios and Android games.
[Image: lhjFt57.gif][Image: sX7JK6W.gif][Image: 4BB3IOO.gif][Image: qHY3ZCP.gif][Image: oCiv6RT.gif][Image: RNSMdiR.gif][Image: gx5wm3G.gif][Image: ld7rSgS.gif]
Thanked by: izayoijoltik
(01-29-2018, 07:37 PM)Magma Dragoon Wrote: You can open the game's ROM with WinRar, that's valid for both ios and Android games.

Alas, I'm pretty sure my free trial of that expired =,(
Thanked by:
Yeah, you can open the apk with winrar, and if you have luck, you will be able to extract the image files. But not many games have all the files there. It's the case if is a game with many updates. I recommend you install the Bluestacks (Android emulator), install the apk, and download all the files (if the game has this option). Then, you "root" the emulator and access to the hidden files downloaded by the game.
Maybe it can be hard the first time, but if you try you can do it.
Ask me if you have any question.
Thanked by:
(02-01-2018, 04:23 AM)Sosfiro Wrote: Yeah, you can open the apk with winrar, and if you have luck, you will be able to extract the image files. But not many games have all the files there. It's the case if is a game with many updates. I recommend you install the Bluestacks (Android emulator), install the apk, and download all the files (if the game has this option). Then, you "root" the emulator and access to the hidden files downloaded by the game.
Maybe it can be hard the first time, but if you try you can do it.
Ask me if you have any question.

Alright, I've done that, and I have the game files downloaded. However, I can't find the sprites. I've looked for an .obb file like a tutorial I found said to do but I can't find one. The game requires separate downloads for some of the sprites, and I did that on Bluestacks but I still wonder if that might be the problem... Even still, I'd expect at least some of the sprites to be there to begin with.
Thanked by:
(02-02-2018, 05:05 PM)izayoijoltik Wrote: Alright, I've done that, and I have the game files downloaded. However, I can't find the sprites. I've looked for an .obb file like a tutorial I found said to do but I can't find one. The game requires separate downloads for some of the sprites, and I did that on Bluestacks but I still wonder if that might be the problem... Even still, I'd expect at least some of the sprites to be there to begin with.

First of all, you rooted Bluestacks? This is needed for some Android games to find the downloaded data files in hidden folders.
Thanked by:
(02-02-2018, 07:23 PM)Sosfiro Wrote:
(02-02-2018, 05:05 PM)izayoijoltik Wrote: Alright, I've done that, and I have the game files downloaded. However, I can't find the sprites. I've looked for an .obb file like a tutorial I found said to do but I can't find one. The game requires separate downloads for some of the sprites, and I did that on Bluestacks but I still wonder if that might be the problem... Even still, I'd expect at least some of the sprites to be there to begin with.

First of all, you rooted Bluestacks? This is needed for some Android games to find the downloaded data files in hidden folders.
How would you do that? I'm not familiar with that term...
Thanked by: